Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of speed are you getting with these bows? Shoot me DL, DW, and arrow weight to go with it, along with any feedback about it. Thanks.

·
Registered
10,519 Posts
My long lost (got stolen) Katera XL was my favorite bow I have ever owned. Using the Z3 cam, at 26.5" and 74# I got 291 with a 355 grain arrow and 271 with a 410 grain arrow if I remember right. And it was a tack driver.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input, anybody out there shooting 60lb's or lower with one?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input, anybody out there shooting 60lb's or lower with one?

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
I am shooting a Katera XL for field....it will be my hunting bow this fall....and have another one on the way. :)

They aren't "barn burners" but they aren't dogs either. I am getting about 282 fps at a touch over 27.75" on about 57/58 lbs with a 335 grain arrow. With a little playing and getting my lbs up to 60 I know I can get about 290 fps from it if I wanted to with this setup. But I am shooting field with it right now so I am not worried about it. :)

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am shooting a Katera XL for field....it will be my hunting bow this fall....and have another one on the way. :)

They aren't "barn burners" but they aren't dogs either. I am getting about 282 fps at a touch over 27.75" on about 57/58 lbs with a 335 grain arrow. With a little playing and getting my lbs up to 60 I know I can get about 290 fps from it if I wanted to with this setup. But I am shooting field with it right now so I am not worried about it. :)

Right now I am shooting 58lbs at 30.5"(need to be 31) and about a 35ish grain arrow and not getting quite the speed I need. I would like to hover around 280. I am going to use it for hunting and 3D, that's my plan anyways. I don't have any problem pulling the higher pounds, but I don't have very a very good shoulder from playing baseball back in the day and I hurt when I am done shooting so it isn't worth it.

Does anybody out there have a Hoyt 35" ATA to 37" with at least 7" brace height that is getting 280 on a setup without shooting over 60lbs? Probably pretty hard pressed.

What about AM35's and the new Maxxis 35's. What are people getting with those?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
vectrix xl
30 inch draw
60 pound limbs maxxed out at 62
415 grain arrow

shooting 274.. this is with some sound and vibration dampening limbsavers on the string. I could take them off, put on some speed nocks and get more speed. But, it is quiet, shock free and I can't wait to whack some whitetails with it. Just bought this used to use a primary hunting bow. I prefer the smoother draw of this bow over my alphamax for hunting purposes.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Right now I am shooting 58lbs at 30.5"(need to be 31) and about a 35ish grain arrow and not getting quite the speed I need. I would like to hover around 280. I am going to use it for hunting and 3D, that's my plan anyways. I don't have any problem pulling the higher pounds, but I don't have very a very good shoulder from playing baseball back in the day and I hurt when I am done shooting so it isn't worth it.

Does anybody out there have a Hoyt 35" ATA to 37" with at least 7" brace height that is getting 280 on a setup without shooting over 60lbs? Probably pretty hard pressed.

What about AM35's and the new Maxxis 35's. What are people getting with those?
My alpha 35
30 inch draw length
70 pound limbs set at 64
415 grain arrow

right now shooting 284, this is with factory strings. I have some sixx strings on the way and I am sure with those strings and some speed nocks I can get this puppy close to 290.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts