Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boss gave me a Keen gift card and I see they make hiking boots. I know they make quality shoes just wondering if anyone on here has seen or worn their boots. Thanks

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
Regular hiking boots may be ok but their backpacking boots don't hold up. The online reviews most all complain about leaking. Buddy took a pair on our backcountry elk hunt last year and they didn't hold up at all and leaked badly.

·
aka former "treeslayer"
7,533 Posts
Had a buddy that wore some last year for one weekend, he is about 120 lbs lighter than me and I can't telly you how many times he slipped and fell. No traction. I had my Meindl's and wasn't having a problem.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Glad to hear this too i was thinking actually about this brand and had already went to Sportsmans Warehouse but they were out of the one's i was looking at, i will take a look at the Meindl's.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
i will take a look at the Meindl's.
that would be a good investment for your feet. they aren't as light as a Pronghorn but your feet will stay dry, your ankles supported and you will have traction.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I already own some Lowa's but it's good to see some reviews on Keen, they do have outstanding customer service and are made in the USA

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
My buddy wore them elk hunting last year and they performed fine. He loved them. And we were steep and deep where we saw no one. Boots, imo, are overated. Heavy vs strength. They actually make your feet weaker the more rugged they are. However, with a load of meat added to the pack is where the broadhead meets the meat.

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
I had a pair of a non-waterproof boots they made and they worked well for quite some time. I had no problem using them for hiking/hunting until the tread wore most of the way off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts