Votes: 21 29.2%
  • get the AM 32

Votes: 51 70.8%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having some clicking issues with my 09' X-force DS it got sent back to PSE. It just made it back to me today and after about 20 shots it started clicking again. The shop is giving me the option to get a new X-force or they would give me my money back. Should I take the money and get the AM 32 or wait for the new X-force? Also, what speed could I expect out of a AM 32 at 30" 70# with 417 gr arrows? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
After having the same issue twice I would get my money back and then SHOOT EVERYTHING you can get your mitts on and choose that regardless of what name is on the limbs. I wouldn't limit myself to just one other bow.

I'd also get rid of the creepy fake old man 6 Flags avatar, but that's just me :D

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After having the same issue twice I would get my money back and then SHOOT EVERYTHING you can get your mitts on and choose that regardless of what name is on the limbs. I wouldn't limit myself to just one other bow.

I'd also get rid of the creepy fake old man 6 Flags avatar, but that's just me :D
I have already shot every bow I am interested in and had it narrowed down to the X-force and the AM 32 prior to purchasing the DS in February. The only other bow that I liked was the Z28 but I would like to have a dealer close enough to me or where I hunt and the closest is 1.5 hours away.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I just sold a 08 X-6 and rolled the money over into a AM32. Got the call today it is in, picking it up tomorrow. I really like the feel of the AM, will post later when I get to know her a little better.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
sounds like you have a awesome shop to give you the option.:thumbs_up i am shooting the dreamseason and love it.i have had some time behind the am32 and really like that bow also.i like the added speed of the dreamseason

·
Team #12 - 2009 Winners!!
10,149 Posts
I would think you would be around 293-298 with the AM32 and 417 gr. arrows.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sounds like you have a awesome shop to give you the option.:thumbs_up i am shooting the dreamseason and love it.i have had some time behind the am32 and really like that bow also.i like the added speed of the dreamseason
I thought it was pretty nice of them to give me that option without me having to ask for it or even seeming too upset about anything.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Yea buddy!!!

If I were you, I would look at an AM35. I have a 30 in. draw and it fit me a whole lot better than the 32.
Its up to you but the A/M 35 will surprise you Im getting 280 out of mine with a 502 grn arrow at 29'' .:thumbs_up:wink:

·
Chasin Swamp Donkeys
1,904 Posts
What poundage ?

Its up to you but the A/M 35 will surprise you Im getting 280 out of mine with a 502 grn arrow at 29'' .:thumbs_up:wink:
70##..
pretty impressive if so !

Kyle

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Definitely the Alphamax

You should be getting between 300-305 fps with your set up. But like some of the others on this thread I would suggest with your draw length to go with the Alpha 35. You will only give up five feet a second and the string angle will be much nicer and the bow will just fit you better. You will love the owning (shooting) a Hoyt, they are the best bows out there right now, and the Alpha is the cream of the crop when it comes to their hunting bows.:thumbs_up

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You should be getting between 300-305 fps with your set up. But like some of the others on this thread I would suggest with your draw length to go with the Alpha 35. You will only give up five feet a second and the string angle will be much nicer and the bow will just fit you better. You will love the owning (shooting) a Hoyt, they are the best bows out there right now, and the Alpha is the cream of the crop when it comes to their hunting bows.:thumbs_up
I am going to shoot both of them and see today. Last time I liked the AM 32 better than the 35 for some reason. The X-force ATA is 32.5" so there would not be that much difference with going with the AM 32 as far as string angle I would think.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I am going to shoot both of them and see today. Last time I liked the AM 32 better than the 35 for some reason. The X-force ATA is 32.5" so there would not be that much difference with going with the AM 32 as far as string angle I would think.
You will love either one!

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
AM 32 in my opinion althought many will say thats only cause i own one. I would get it if for nothing else for the reliability and durability. Its a very well balanced bow not as fast as your DS but only by about 10 fps. I dont believe youll miss it.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Well I picked up my AM32 yesterday. After all the hours I spent getting good arrow flight with the X6 this bow was a breath of fresh air. Since the 2008 X-6 (I used a 28 short posted, 28 5/8 true DL) ran 3/4-1" long in DL and the AM32 (Shooting a 29 mod, 28 3/4 true DL) seems to be running right on or just a little short it sure feels like there is not much difference in speeds. I would guess that the AM is 4-5 fps off what I was doing with the X-Force. The X-Force was a nice shooting bow and very dead in the hand with a string Tamer on it. I set the bow up with the exact same acc that were on the X. There is no comparision between the 2 on the shot. That Am32 is just dead, no vibration at all. I eyeballed everything and than shot thru paper, almost a perfect hole on arrow one. One adjustment and it was perfect on the 2nd arrow.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I ended up getting the AM 32. So far I really like it. The bow is faster than it's IBO as it is only 6-10 fps slower than my DS was. I was getting 308-311 fps with the AM 32 out of the same chrono I used on my DS. That is the AM as I got it from the factory.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts