Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a new member the support and prayers of this community amaze myself and members of my family. In this time of need I ask for your help as hunters, shooters, christians, and caring people. I understand all of us on here may not believe or worship in the same way but most do believe in a higher power.

About two years ago my brother and his wife were faced with something not many people would have to experience and something i don't believe anyone should have to go through. At six months old it was discovered my nephew had developed a Diaphragmatic hernia and possible heart failure. After a lot of soul searching and counseling it was decided the baby would be carried to term. He was born on the opening day of deer season here in Indiana as luck would have it. Well everything looked alright he couldn't breathe on his own and other complications hadn't arose. So he was immediatly stabilized and put onto a heart and lung machine to sustain life. Hoping that the stimulation would strengthen his lungs to allow for surgery. After three weeks tragedy struck and he had a stroke while on life support. At a month old the doctors informed us there was nothing else to be done and life support was pulled. Shortly there after my nephew went to be with our father in heaven.

Well fast forward a few years and at four my months my sister in law returns to Childrens hospital for a routine exam. At 14 weeks it is noticed that there newest baby has developed the same disease a diaphragmatic hernia and that brings us to today.

So i guess what I'm asking for more than anything is a lot of time on our knees from my fellow christians on the web site. Not just for the baby's health and protection but also for the safety mental strength and the ability to cope as a family.

And if anyone can help me to help my brother and sister in law in explaining why these things have to happen that would be appreciated. I understand that all things happen for a reason and so do they. But presented with the same circumstances I believe you could also understand there ordeals, and there questioning of god and his reasons.

Admin i originally started this in the general talk thread but after reading do realize it may need moved to the religious, political section. I do apologize and thank you fellow AT'ers in advance.

·
2A whiner
40,383 Posts
prayers prayed.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Prayes coming your way. Tell you brother and his wife they are in our thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Good thoughts and Prayers from my family to yours

1 - 6 of 6 Posts