Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting my draw set correctlly I still struggle with the bad habit of having my bow shoulder up. Any tips about the draw cycle or anchoring process that would make getting this shoulder into a down position would be appreciated
Chris

·
Registered
761 Posts
I do this a bit too when I am getting tired. Try pushing your hips towards the rear - you may be getting a bit out of line. You could also have a slightly long draw length - have you tried a shorter draw? Experimentation, and have someone check you out - or even better try being videod.

·
Registered
28 Posts
stand in front of a full lenght mirror. hold your bow out in front of you like your in a full draw. put your string hand at your anchor point without the string. look at you body position (shoulder) now drop your bow. close your eyes. draw your bow. open your eyes and see if you are in the same position. worked for me and my groups improved.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
northwoods;

Lower the mass weight of the bow for a period of time if possible. Then for a certain amount of arrows each session concentrate on your shoulder position, after you get a good "feel" of what proper shoulder placement should be - then make sure you can feel it everytime you set your bow to draw. There is also a training aid from Cartel (or W&W) you can get at Lancaster.

No real trick, just paying attention.

-CG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts