Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious if anyone has discovered or heard about a way to keep crows away from your bear bait? They are annoying, and running up the pictures on my trail camera. I was curious as to whether or not an owl decoy or something of that sort would work???

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
I had an Owl decoy in my thoughts before I finished reading your post. Definately go with the Owl Decoy.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
i don't think crows are scared of owls, in fact i think they go out of their way to pester them. but i'd be curious for you to post the results of putting out the decoy.

·
Registered
699 Posts
i don't think crows are scared of owls, in fact i think they go out of their way to pester them. but i'd be curious for you to post the results of putting out the decoy.
Ahh,... crows will also draw the bears if they havent hit it yet.
Coyote decoy for a couple days anyway

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
are you allowed to put you bait in barrels? we bait in buckets and loosely fit a cover on it crows wont eat what they cant see. and bear have no trouble ripping into anything they want

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah??? I already have bears hitting it and they are starting some what of a regular schedule. I knew that crows would lead them to the sight but now the're completely annoying. Another concern of mine is that I'm sure the bears recognize that when the're in there, the crows aren't, so I'm concerned that them not being in there (the crows) when I am, might tip the bears off that I'm in there? I don't know? I sometimes think too much into things but feedback would be really helpfull. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts