Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone could provide some help on my anchor point. I am having trouble keeping my head from moving around. Any pointers?

I'm shooting a release clipped directly to the string with a kisser button. Not a big fan of shooting a peep but if I have to I will.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought a new Browning Illusion this year. I have never shot a peep in the past but found out quickly that I could not be nearly as accurate if I did not use one. They dont take long to get use to but I would highly recomend it. I still rest the string on the tip of my nose when I shoot. This lets me know that my eye is the same distance from the peep every time. Hope this helps. Happy shooting!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I probably give up some speed but I am more accurate with multiple anchor points. My release hists the same part of my neck, kisser button in corner of mouth and nose hits string while looking through peep. Just my set up but works for me

·
Registered
960 Posts
Peep Sight

In order to keep your anchor point solid you need to set your string up with a peep sight and adjust your draw length so that when at full draw you touch the string with the tip of your nose.

This will give you three reference points.

1. Anchor point on side of face or along jaw line.
2. Peep sight.
3. Tip of nose on string.

Your peep sight will act as the rear sight on a rifle. It helps you keep everything in alignment. You wouldnt take the rear sight off of a rifle now would you?

Pretty fool proof IMHO.

SLash

·
Registered
956 Posts
I go back and forth from using and not using a peep. I use one in the off season, then take it out for bow season. I use a large kisser button, and a rubber cushion , a brass nock point, or small kisser button for the tip of my nose. Try closing your eyes when you draw and anchor, it makes it more natural rather then looking for you anchor. I would say definetley put a peep in until you are confident with your anchor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts