Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i'm setting and watching keith's show and they are showing how to shoot and group your rifle at 100 yards. his best group was about 2.5 to 3 in. then he shoots at 400 and has 2 bullets 8 to 10 in apart and not in the middle. then they take a guy who has shot shotguns, but never killed a deer they give him a custom gun with a varmit scope and the gun owner tells him where to hold and he shoots 2 shots about 4 of 5in apart @ 400yds. and then they say "see i'ts not that hard and you can do it too."
90% of the people on the planet should never shoot that far at game and sure as he**should not have a pro hunter that can't shoot worth crap, telling them that they can. not to mention he regularly hunts high fenced ranches, that's one of the reasons remington pulled they're sponsership from him.

as hunters, we just can't have people like this on tv. i wish the outdoor channel would pull his show off the air.

·
Registered
323 Posts
:thumbs_do I agree, that guy needs to hang it up.. have you ever saw the show where he chases antelope around a golf coarse in Wyoming using a golf cart. hey Keith, come to PA. and hunt on public land, I don't think you will be sending that tape to the outdoor channel for everyone to see!

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
actually i thought it was well done and had the right person to explain it i thought. he explained how to shoot the rifle and what to use and then showed that in just a short bit you could have a rifle shooting well to 100 yards. you also have to understand that they used factory loads not hand loads and it does take a bit to figure out what your rifle will shoot. if you remember they shot the 180 grain first then shot the 150 grain and stopped using it immediately when the saw how big the groups were. now they shot the larger size which was a 30-06 then shot the smaller bullet and probably would of been a little better with the 165 or 168 grain but that is not what they were using. and you can take someone who hasn't shot and have them shoot with proper instruction and do exactly what the shotgunner did. it wasn't a show on go out and take a 400 yard shot but showed you can do it.
the show was very informative and keith is not a rookie himself. hw has been hunting all of his life and the other guy was an accomplished shotgun man
why does keith have to go? i don't think so and if you listen every now and then you get an idea he plants and you use it and it works. and for soemone like his guest who is a well known gun smith and builds custom guns he might of helped keith on what to bring from federal.
just my opinion
rob k

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
no one should tell the masses of rifle hunters that it is ok or ethical to shoot 400 yards at an animal, peroid! now i wonder how many people will wound animals because they shoot beyond what they should, because they saw some guy on tv do it. and for a non rookie, he shoots like sh*t. and did i mention he hunts high fenced ranches.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
That guy has to be the biggest Joke on the tube, I refuse to watch that crap.

·
Registered
10,277 Posts
oggie2635 said:
i wish the outdoor channel would pull his show off the air.
I just posted this on anther thread....The Outdoor Channel ain't gonna "pull" any show off the air. Those shows pay to have a slot on the OC. In turn, the shows make money by getting sponsors. You want that show off the air, complain to his sponsors. Sponsors hear bad things from the public and start pulling money...he can't afford to be on the air.

·
DefiantShooter
10,943 Posts
Lmao!!!

To funny!

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
Yall watch too much TV. :D

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Anyone that as been around guns long enough knows that a bad group doesn't necessarily make someone a "bad shot".

·
Registered
905 Posts
I am a Gulf War Vet and Nam Vet and I am for him

If you all don't like don't watch it, turn to OLN and watch skiing or other stuff.
At the end of each show he supports the military men fighting for your freedom to hunt, bear arms, and grip like you have been. As I have said before the anti's love to hear us argue. I am for Keith Warren and the Outdoor Channel. Steady :shade:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Keith,his brother and tom miranda must have went to the same coach on how to talk.They sound like a bunch of programed game show hosts,i can't stand to listen to them .I will watch thier show ,but for god sake , shut your YAPPER!!!!! :zip: :zip: :zip:

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
Another idiot with his own hunting show that is ammo for PETA ..

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
I've got to start watching more hunting shows. I don't know hardly any of these guys you are talking about. But I just got the channel.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I agree. Too long a shot especially for a rookie. The show does not impress me. If you want to hunt canned hunts, go for it. I support them fully. It's a business. Would I do it? No.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts