Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with this pendelum. This is what i have to work with for awhile ,so im hoping that it does what it is suppose to. Havent gotten to sight it in from an elevated position yet. Didnt want to take a chance with the soft mount kit since the no peep bracket would be mounted against rubber. Put a piece of a limb saver under the pendelum when it is locked down for ground shooting. What do you think. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
my brother in law tried ot use one but had trouble in low light situations seeing the bead abd he tried to paint the bead and strill couldn't see it. this was an older model and i hear the newer ones are more visible but hear they are still kind of loud. i know his was very loud. i am sure you can silence them i would look into savage or one of the others that would be easier to handle and set up. just my opinion. the savage pendelum max is very quiet and worth the look
rob k

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
TTV...I used a kellar for 13 years with GREAT sucess!!The only reason I changed this year was because at 46 my vision is not what it used to be! Ha! I was having trouble finding the pin...and when an animal is in front of me I got tired of saying "now where did my pin go?" It is a great sight and as far as being loud...it is a little louder than most sights but that never hampered any kill that I made with it! IN my experience if you sight it in on the #4 notch..(Not the #5) then you will be dead on in a tree stand as long as you are higher than 12'....very little if any adjustment will be needed...I know that is not what the instructions say but I found my way works better....try it and see what you think! Good luck you will love it....just aim and shoot...no worry on distance...oh yeah my son put one thru the vitals at 44 yds from 26' up a tree...I think that speaks for itself!

·
Banned
333 Posts
I have used a keller pend. sight for several years . they have a light !!! the screw head on the top unscrews and batterys go in . It lights up the sight REAL GOOD!!!! I have not missed a deer with this gem. shure beats pins!!! MEAT IN THE FREEZER

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sighted at twenty on the ground in # 4 position, got up on the roof and was hitting high. Ended up using the#5 positon when back on the ground at 22yrds. The limb saver material under the hook on the pendelum, that is used as a stop for short range elevated shots, makes a big difference when using the sight in the locked position for ground shooting. Going to see how not being 12ft up affects accuracy today.

·
Registered
450 Posts
i've helped several people set them up at the club. in my opion they're not worth the headaches. get a decent conventional sight and learn to compensate for shooting from a tree, it's not that difficult and allot more reliable.

·
Banned
333 Posts
keller

has vidio tape and Instructions you can sight it in BEFORE you ever shoot it!!!! call keller they will send them to you ,. easy to sight in you have ever seen and dead on for hunting.. if you are high there must be a prob. somewhere ., they will help /. I'll jook and see if I can find the instruction sheet . I'll sed it to you TOOL .

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i may not have been bending at the waist, getting ready to go out and do it again, see if where im hitting now is to low.

·
Registered
34,165 Posts
Pendelum Sights are just another gimmick

Yeah I know they have been around for a long time and alot of people use them...... But they aren't needed at all. They are noisy and it is just another moving part to bend or break. Witht the speed of todays bows you have no reason to use a pendulum sight. I have been hunting with one pin or either using my freeystyle sight w/ a scope since 97'. I just set it at on 25 yds and let it eat when I get a shot. The first deer I killed using one pin was at 38 yds. I just held a hair high. Sight your bow in around 22-25 yds and you can hold dead on out to about 33yds (give or take a couple yards depending on the speed of your bow). There is no need to hold extra low because you are up a tree. I hunt upto 30ft high and I have never had a problem nor have my buddies that do the same. If you do hit higher how much higher are you going to hit? Maybe an inch. KISS ( Keep IT Simple Stupid).

·
Registered
409 Posts
keller pen.

I have the keller pen. i have had it for about 3 mounths and 3 robbin hoods!! thats on the ground. I tryed in a treestand about 6' off the ground. Is it really all that important that u be 12+ feet when sighting it in the treestand?
thanks

·
Registered
19,452 Posts
Re: Pendelum Sights are just another gimmick

Brown Hornet said:
Yeah I know they have been around for a long time and alot of people use them...... But they aren't needed at all. They are noisy and it is just another moving part to bend or break. Witht the speed of todays bows you have no reason to use a pendulum sight. I have been hunting with one pin or either using my freeystyle sight w/ a scope since 97'. I just set it at on 25 yds and let it eat when I get a shot. The first deer I killed using one pin was at 38 yds. I just held a hair high. Sight your bow in around 22-25 yds and you can hold dead on out to about 33yds (give or take a couple yards depending on the speed of your bow). There is no need to hold extra low because you are up a tree. I hunt upto 30ft high and I have never had a problem nor have my buddies that do the same. If you do hit higher how much higher are you going to hit? Maybe an inch. KISS ( Keep IT Simple Stupid).
Hornet, I respectfully disagree with what you posted about pendelums. The KISS method is what the pendelum and Keller sights are all about. I have used this site for years and years and tried others and keep coming back to it for elevated hunting. I am glad you found something that works for you and I wouldnt suggest changing it. ;)

thruthevitals, like I said, I have used many pendelums and there are many good ones out there, especially this year. I keep coming back to the Keller. Once you do your homework, sighting in etc.,, put the pin on the spot and shoot, no guessing yards, etc. and where they really shine is shots in very close, like 5 yards when you're 25' up.

·
Registered
19,452 Posts
I scrolled back up and YES you have to bend at the waist on any elevated shooting (obviously the closer the more you bend), period. Keep that T shape form!

·
Registered
162 Posts
keller pend

My keller was a deer killin machine. Be aware of the fact that you will not get an accurate "reading" from a severe slope, like on the side of a ridge. If in front of your stand you are looking straight down....and behind your stand you would be eye level with any deer that was in range, you better lock down your pin and shoot it fixed. Good sight though, don't over tighten the posts...mine broke and left me with only one.

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
The Late Huey Savage of Savage Archery makes a silent Pend sight that wors and s dead silent

The Pend sights are here to say and very popular here inthe Southland.

every body is making them if they were a gimmick they would be where the Overdraws are today.

People seldom miss a deer with a pend TINK

1 - 20 of 41 Posts