Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
I'd like to let you know about a real good guy in the archery business and the situation that we both recently went through.
As I'm sure many of you know Baldy is notorious for his knowledge with tuning and making custom stings for bowtechs, I believe mostly the Binary cam system bows.
Well here is what happened. About 2 months ago I sent my D350 to ken to get some custom strings put on it and then have it "tuned to perfection". He gave me a call a day or so after he recieved it to let me know that it arrived safely and that he was a little behind but would get to it in about a week or week and half. I thought awesome, I'll have my bow back in no time! A little under two weeks later I gave him a shout to check on the status, he was always very friendly and answered all questions I had. A great guy to work with. During the call he said that he sent my bow back to me a few days prior and should be getting it soon.
Well about two weeks after this call I still had not recieved my bow...yet another USPS horror story...
I called Ken to figure out what was going on, he was as shocked as me to hear that it had not arrived yet. We decided it must have been lost in the mail and to give it a little time. Well another week later and yet no D350 has been either returned to him or delivered to me.
I had assumed that somewhere between me and him there was some jerk postal delivery man toting around a sweet new D350!
This is where working with Ken really became a pleasure. Keep in mind that he doesn't know me from any other stranger walking down the street, I'm sure that any other Archery shop would have said tough luck and probably wouldn't have believed me. Just figuring I'm some jerk trying to get a free bow.
Well Ken took my word and gave Bowtech a call that day and put a order in for a new bow for me. He was even willing to still install his strings and replace my rest. I coudln't believe it, I didn't think that there was good people like this anymore, especially while dealing over the phone and through the mail.
Here's the kicker....I send him a PM to ask how things are going with the new bow and waht the status is. He says he'll give me a call tomorrow. Well he does call me the next day....to tell me MY BOW MADE IT BACK TO HIM!
I couldn't belive it. Guys, I can't tell you how many days I sat in waiting for the mail truck, checking to see if there were any "missed delivery" slips etc. I called the post office more than 4x to check if it was waiting there for me. Stopped the mail man every day to see if I was missing something (man was he getting annoyed).
Baldy said that it had multiple missed/redeliver slips attached to it but NOT ONCE had they tried to deliver it.
Anyhow, just wanted to shout out to a great guy in the business and thank him once again. I suggest you all consider him when thinking of doing some custom destroyer work.
Thanks for reading this novel....

· Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it really could have. But it wasn't necessary and would have resolved no issues in the situation. I guess it could have gone both ways. Some people are to quick to getting in a pssssing match instead of trying to work a issue out.

· Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah he has definatly earned my business over any other shop out there. I can't wait to see my new strings when it finally gets back to me.

· NC ASA Director
36,228 Posts
I'd try UPS next time. :plain:

· Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah he's shipping to me UPS this time. He said he ships USPS because he has never had an issue, which is fair. He said he's now learned his lesson and will use a different shipping method other than standard USPS so that's good. It just stinks we both had to go through this to learn that lesson.

· Registered
3,379 Posts
Ken is in the best of the best catagory. Its great to know that there are shops & guys like him out there. He cares and he treats his customers like he would like to be treated. Thats why they come from all over to get his service.

· Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ken is in the best of the best catagory. Its great to know that there are shops & guys like him out there. He cares and he treats his customers like he would like to be treated. Thats why they come from all over to get his service.
You couldn't be more correct. I was honestly taken back when he was willing to replace it. I figured I was going to have to suck up the price of buying a new bow. I was getting pretty sick to my stomach for quite a while there and was devising plans to track down all mail handlers that come in contact with my bow lol. But even when he said he would replace it I still didn't feel much better because I wouldn't want him to be out any more money than I. I know it's not easy for Archery shops to stay afloat in these economic times. Second to none.

· Registered
382 Posts
Ken is a very good guy,and knows his shiz nit....but don't give him too much praise...he has a hard enough time getting his head through the shop door as it is!..just kiddin p--p bag...be proud of what you've done in a short time...let me know how the afflictions doing keep up the great work!...p.s tell Dennis the shop floor looks fantastic lol

· Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ken is a very good guy,and knows his shiz nit....but don't give him too much praise...he has a hard enough time getting his head through the shop door as it is!..just kiddin p--p bag...be proud of what you've done in a short time...let me know how the afflictions doing keep up the great work!...p.s tell Dennis the shop floor looks fantastic lol
lol, I'll be sure to critique his work once it gets here so his head doesn't get to big...probably not though.

· Registered
3,426 Posts
Thanks for posting this Ryan! Some of the above is correct.....this goes both ways. Thank you for being patient and not blowing a gasket LOL. I'm really happy everything worked out so well. I would like to add that when I called Bowtech and explained the situation them they agreed to help me with the cost of the new bow I was going to send you! Talk about great customer service! This is a great example of how good communication and a little mutual trust and understanding can go a long way. You'll have your bow soon!
Ken

· Registered
2,151 Posts
:thumbs_up:thumbs_up to you both. I am very lucky to live about 15 minutes from Chester err I mean Baldy and have a very understanding girlfriend who also shoots and doesn't complain when I go to the shop or when a new item finds it's way to our place.

· Registered
978 Posts
Ryan, just wanted to let you know I just shipped your bow via UPS about an hour ago and it should be there Wednesday ! Thank you for being patient and understanding !

· Registered
84 Posts
Ken's customer service is second to none. He is a great guy to deal with. It is refreshing to know that there are still some people like him out there. He went way beyond my expectations to make certain that I was happy. I am not surprised this story, because that's just the kind of guy that Ken is. He is also EXTREMELY trusting of individuals.

· Registered
1,893 Posts
I would like to add that when I called Bowtech and explained the situation them they agreed to help me with the cost of the new bow I was going to send you! Talk about great customer service! This is a great example of how good communication and a little mutual trust and understanding can go a long way.
Ken

Not only is Ken a stand up guy, but he has answered so many of my questions and has taken so much time to give such great advice to so man archers here on AT, he should given the super shop of the year award (if there was such a thing LOL). The fact that BowTech did what they did, shows how dedicated to customer service they are. All 3 parties get a huge :thumbs_up from me!!!

Oh and sorry to the OP for a small hijack here, but for Ken... I shot my D350 through a chrono the other day and using your tuning tips, I now have her shooting 71lbs. 29" 425 gr. @ 326 FPS... AMAZING!!

· Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Outstanding! Wednesday can't come soon enough now! Once again thanks Baldy and DDD. I can't wait to get it in!

p.s. That is incredible of Bowtech to help out like that. For all those that doubt Bowtech's customer service...I hope they find this thread and realize they are a good company to work with. I know I am very much impressed with that fact. Most certainly not something they had to do!
again...thanks so much guys!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.