Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently loss my hunting property in Kentucky (Owen) and would like to obtain new land, especially since I've already purchased my non-resident tag (LIve in cin, oh). Does anyone out there now or have property I would be able to hunt. The property I hunted earlier was my girlfriends family and we have since seperated. I'm a good outdoorsman and very respectful of others property.

also, could anyone give me some insight on the public property in the northern half of kentucky.

I'm an archer only, not gun hunting desired.

thanks for your help

josh

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Man....

Man I wish I could help ya out on this one but I know nothing on any of the Public land in the northern part of the state.....I guess it all depends on how far you are willing to drive to hunt....Jump on I-75 South & there is some Govt WMA Land around Corbin that I hear is super...I have a buddy who works for the Fish & Wildlife Dept. & he said it was covered up in Deer & Elk too....Though I would recommend shooting one of those....I also know of some more Govt land in the state but it's all way south of Cincy....... Man if I were you I would be heading North out of Cincy towards Columbus "I lived in Columbus for 2 years" up 71 North & trying to hunt some of those huge Soybean & Corn feilds on the sides of 71....I saw some MONSTER deer up through there over the years...... If ya need any more info on the Govt. Land that I do know about feel free to email me at [email protected]
or catch me on AOL Instant Messenger at JDoom sometime & I'll see if I can help ya out.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
USA - 4 wildlife areas that are bow only in No. KY - check your guide & you will find them, Boone, Grant & Owen counties I have hunted all of them & they are ok hunting, the one in Owen is a good spot. Hunting on private land in No. KY is very hard and keeps getting harder every year.

Also the Daniel Boone Natl. Forest has around 12 million acres of public hunting land. I have hunted large parts of it & it has some great hunting.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yatesville Lake in North Eastern Ky might be an option for you. This is a state park, but I believe it has public hunting and there are some nice deer in that area. It's only about a 3 hour drive from Columbus taking 23 South. My folks live just a couple miles from there. It's located in Louisa,KY. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
455 Posts
John Kleber WMA is in Owen county. Download the regs from www.kdfwr.state.ky.us
That will list them all for you.

Too bad about your land..I feel for ya.

Jim G,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts