Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if this has ever been posted before, but I just came across it and figured I would share. Good for her!

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Awesome!

·
Registered
438 Posts
I am surprised the judges don't pick her up on the high draw. I wonder how she will go in FITA outdoor?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Lol, I guess she won't shrug it off when she's at a comp and she is asked kindly to either alter her draw or leave the range! I have seen people have this happen to them at there first tournaments and it really throws a spanner into the works.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
3 posts. That is all it took to criticize!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

·
Archery Blogger/Writer
9,332 Posts

Actually, Anna has been warned in the past 3 Vegas tournaments about her draw method. Part of the problem is that it's been ingrained in her draw cycle into her muscle memory to where she can't mentally change.

I don't recall her ever shooting a USA Archery or FITA based tournament, ever. There may be reasons for that, despite her very public desires to compete in the Olympics.

She's a great shooter. Won Vegas at 8 in 2010 and hasn't looked back. But if she's going to progress past The NFAA, something in her draw cycle is going to have to change.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Inspiring for sure.
Anna you will be at the olympics some day representing your country.
Well done to Anna parents as well, keep up the good work.

·
Registered
649 Posts
And for those that want to nock using a carter evo... Here's an 8 year old that's figured it out 😆

·
Registered
2,501 Posts

Actually, Anna has been warned in the past 3 Vegas tournaments about her draw method. Part of the problem is that it's been ingrained in her draw cycle into her muscle memory to where she can't mentally change.

I don't recall her ever shooting a USA Archery or FITA based tournament, ever. There may be reasons for that, despite her very public desires to compete in the Olympics.

She's a great shooter. Won Vegas at 8 in 2010 and hasn't looked back. But if she's going to progress past The NFAA, something in her draw cycle is going to have to change.
Well there you go...

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Congrats to her, but I personally am not a big fan of her family. That is a different issue, but lets just say those kids have everything they want and more.

·
---------------------->
3,517 Posts
Ok so I got a question, would something be said to Dan McCarthy about is draw at Vegas? Not to point him out he just has a very distinct draw.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Awesome video!

9,026 Posts
That is really neat! With regards to the draw...she will need to readjust a little as a warning would be warranted. But...what a great video! Cheers!
Fred

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Ok so I got a question, would something be said to Dan McCarthy about is draw at Vegas? Not to point him out he just has a very distinct draw.
The way McCarthy draws is nowhere near what we see in this video... nice stretch though.

·
Archery Blogger/Writer
9,332 Posts
why can't you draw high? what advantage does it give that its not allowed?
Putting my judge and tournament director hat on:

For indoor: It's safety and property damage issues

For outdoor: it's sheer safety out to easily 150 meters

There is no advantage presented to the archer nor any disadvantage to their competition. It's all safety.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts