Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get an inexpensive first bow for my 5 year old boy and was thinking he should start with a recurve. The Bear 1st shot looked like it fit the bill but I can't find it anywhere I think it's been discontinued. I'd like to start with this before moving to an expensive compound like the Diamond everyone suggests. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
144 Posts
Lancaster Archery has a Rolan Snake bow $30. 48 inch AMO 15 lb draw weight and very light mass weight. The mass weight is importand with little kids. Most compound even kid models would be too heavy. I have a Snake bow for my 5 year old grandson and he loves it. His draw length is about 12 inches.

The Snake bow is ambidextrous. It is made of some type of composite and very rugged. Drop it on the ground no problem. There are adult versions of this bow at 22 lbs and you can you see a tube reviews of them here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh3-wbl9FGk&t=33s

·
Registered
512 Posts
Just got my 5 year old nephew this- Bear Archery “Wizard” youth bow. Rated for 5-10 years old , 10-18 lbs. DW, 44” long... came with 2 safety glass arrows, arm guard, and quiver...24.00 Also ordered 3 extra arrows at the same time. Whole thing shipped was 40.00 Grabbed a 3’x3’ piece of foam I found in a dumpster and a bag of party balloons. He is shooting at 10 yards and popping balloons is all it took to get him hooked. Have fun.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got my 5 year old nephew this- Bear Archery “Wizard” youth bow. Rated for 5-10 years old , 10-18 lbs. DW, 44” long... came with 2 safety glass arrows, arm guard, and quiver...24.00 Also ordered 3 extra arrows at the same time. Whole thing shipped was 40.00 Grabbed a 3’x3’ piece of foam I found in a dumpster and a bag of party balloons. He is shooting at 10 yards and popping balloons is all it took to get him hooked. Have fun.
Same with this bow as the one shot, I can't find the kit online, just the single bow. I found the "goblin" (15-18lbs)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts