Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sitting here watching Kieth Warren's hunting show and something sad happend he was reading viewer email and a long time viewer sent in an email about him hunting behind high fences and Kieth said that the people that put up high fences are the real conservationist. And they have more respect for the wildlife. All this sponsors need to take another look and think again. These high fences are ruining our sport. It's all about money and there trying to make it a rich mans sport. Hunting means you don't always get something or they would just call it killing. Pen hunting hmmm you always get something so what would you call it. :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
how about the episode where he hunting with a crossbow in a high fence?????? says disneyland for bucks or something...... that episode should get some guys on here fired up!

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
That's one of the dumber things I have heard in a long time. Really, what is he thinking. Does he not know that animals that are penned up have a higher death rate due to desease. Doing that is componding the problem, if new animals are not interjected into the gene pool you get fugly looking animals, with birth defects and so forth. Consevationist, OK, next your going to tell me Hilary has done more for outdoors than Uncle Ted.

·
Registered
795 Posts
One of my favorite hunting spots got ruined this year because a landowner put up a high fence on two sides of his property. I would rather have him fence off his whole property and be done with it.

·
Live Free or Die!
8,575 Posts
I also get annoyed when at the beginning of the show he is standing there with his arms crossed with other "hunters" behind him and they say something to the extent "that there is one man...blah..blah...Keith Warren.'' And the scene where the "hunters" are yelling at each other about what hunting practices are right and wrong and how we need to all get along. I would agree that we need to pull together, but it seems like a justification of high fence hunting to me. Just my .02

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Conservationist? Oh they're conserving alright. I see all these 200 acre pens all over the country, and I think it's cool they have some cool looking pets around their houses and all but to actually shoot them and call it hunting? That's pretty pathetic.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
i think he had one episode were a girl shot her deer and they had ear tags thats like shootin a bull in a pasture not a big fan of hollyhunting

·
Registered
36,017 Posts
I choose not to watch his show, but he is entitled to his opinion and I support his right to choose the methond in which he hunts.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats my point we need to stick together and get rid of these high fences not support them. Most of the ranches in texas the land can't support the animals and they need to feed them and most animals don't get enough. I've been down there many times and have seen elk starving becouse the owner had to many animals and could not afford to feed them as much. He also said that we were building to many Walmarts and hospitals so there isent any place for the animals to live so thats why we need high fences. Next thing you know zoo's are going to start haveing high fence hunts as well (or i should say kills)

·
Registered
791 Posts
Have never, and will never watch any of his shows.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I've watched a couple of his shows and his question/answer segments are what tell the tale.

If the man didn't feel like what he was doing was wrong, then he wouldn't include an email beratting him for high fence hunting. He includes those emails/questions to try and justify what he does proving IMO that he knows it isn't right.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
I'm sitting here watching Kieth Warren's hunting show and something sad happend he was reading viewer email and a long time viewer sent in an email about him hunting behind high fences and Kieth said that the people that put up high fences are the real conservationist. And they have more respect for the wildlife. All this sponsors need to take another look and think again. These high fences are ruining our sport. It's all about money and there trying to make it a rich mans sport. Hunting means you don't always get something or they would just call it killing. Pen hunting hmmm you always get something so what would you call it. :(
isnt Keith the guy who is trying to bring sportsman together in one united front...?

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I choose not to watch his show, but he is entitled to his opinion and I support his right to choose the methond in which he hunts.
best post so far

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
Thats my point we need to stick together and get rid of these high fences not support them. Most of the ranches in texas the land can't support the animals and they need to feed them and most animals don't get enough. I've been down there many times and have seen elk starving becouse the owner had to many animals and could not afford to feed them as much. He also said that we were building to many Walmarts and hospitals so there isent any place for the animals to live so thats why we need high fences. Next thing you know zoo's are going to start haveing high fence hunts as well (or i should say kills)
Think before you speak!:doh: So you don't like high fences...we'll ban them, well someone else doesn't like bowhunting....so we'll ban it too:wink:.

·
Registered
737 Posts
ok............. i'm from texas and have hunted EXOTICS behing a fence before. if that's what you want to do, more power to ya. i don't care either way.

i personally think the guy is an ARROGANT IDIOT, and, believe me, I TAKE THE HIGH ROAD and just don't watch him anymore. pitiful.

1 - 20 of 214 Posts