Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently using a black out field quiver and it works fine for the back yard but when I go hiking though the woods on the 3D course it drives me crazy with noise. I have seen the push alpha and like allot about it but from the pictures it is not exactly the everything has a place and is in its place that I would prefer. The Kifaru quiver also looks very nice and pushes more towards my everything in its place that I would prefer but dang that's a special price once you have it set 100% up the way I would want it. Those of you who have one or the other what can you tell me to help me decide? Or is there a 3rd choice I haven't found that is a 100% quiet quiver? I want room for at least 6 arrows, water bottle, tab & or glove, spare string, rangefinder, and a few small odds and ends if possible. bonus if it can fit a square but not a necessity. And yes I have and am currently using a bow quiver but find it a bit clunky and still need something to bring the rest of the junk as I tend to be the pack mule for me and my 2 daughters when we shoot.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Yep.Haven't seen the Push...I do have the Kifaru and take it with me everywhere indoor target..outdoor 3D..and all the practice shoots in between..I enjoy the water bottle holder and it holds a quart bottle easily..then it has a zippered inside pouch that I keep different lens in and they are very safe in there..The main pouch is my field quiver and various small tools with plenty of room to spare..Then there is another small zippered pouch that I keep my releases in..very easily reachable..A very well made long lasting setup..The belt after it is adjusted properly to your liking is a heavy duty velcro long lasting a comfortable field quiver belt..The leg strap keeps the field quiver from moving around on your thigh and keeps the quiver a snug fit to your leg..And does not impede uphill or downhill walking..If you want a ranger finder pouch it is sold separately from Marisupal...If had had the money they would make nice X-Mas presents..FWIW

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
I have the Kifaru and it’s by far the best quiver I’ve ever used. I don’t use the water bottle pouch so I moved that up on belt for a release pouch and add a second pouch down below for more storage. Not that I need it this thing has more storage than you need.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Kifaru best one I've ever owned.

·
Registered
28 Posts
great topic/thread! thinking about getting into 3D and never heard of kifaru. went to their website. looks like the ticket for me! even though i didn't start this thread, thanks for all those who've posted. i didn't realize i needed this! :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Agreed great topic and right on time.

I have a SEVERE Allergy to Ruck/Back Packs ;) and was wondering about the viability of either of these Field Quivers for TAC type scenarios. Has anyone run one of these in place of a Ruck/Back Pack ??
If so, positives and negatives ?

Thanks in advance,

John

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have the Push and was on the fence between the two. I ended up with the Push for several reasons. I really liked how it utilized all the room efficiently. There is a central button in the quiver area you can use to separate arrows. I keep it buttoned and use the back area mostly. I keep up to 10 arrows in that one spot without a problem. I carry my release in the top zipper. I carry my rangefinder in the bottom outside pouch. Inside I have my backup release and hex tools. I also fit a collapsible water bottle from REI inside all zipped up. The best part is the leg harness. I used this during my regular 3D but also during my recent TAC event. Hiking up and down the mountain, the quiver never bounced or got hung up on anything. Its very comfortable.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Thank You for your reply (y)

I checked that top pouch (just online) -- looks too skinny... What release do you have?
Was just gonna plop it in the hidden pocket behind what they call 'The Rangefinder' Pocket.

Thanks again, (Leaning towards 'The Push')

John
Currently using a Stan Onnex but also fit a Carter Wise Choice in there, zipped up too. Ill take a picture when I get home.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts