Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bowhunting Africa again in May-July 2008. My wife is hunting plainsgame and this trip I am after the bigger guys. Does anyone have reference photos of the anatomy of the below animals. The photos with and without the Vitals??? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cape buffalo
Lion
Leopard
Giraffe

·
Registered
678 Posts
Shot placement on lion, leopard & buff are the same as for any other African plains game. 1/3 up from the bottom and 2 inches forward of the crease behind the shoulder.

Giraffe are different. Take a look at the very recent thread on equipment to hunt Giraffe on this forum where Frank uploaded an shot placement image.

Where will you be hunting and with whom?

·
Registered
164 Posts
The best i've seen so far is a little booklet sold at most bowshops in SA called:
The perfect shot
Mini edition for africa
By Kevin Robertson

ISBN: 1-57157-319-4

www.safaripress.com
Printed in the USA.

Gives actual photos with the skeleton and vitals printed over the pics.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The Bowshop in Pta, Bowhunters Warehouse....
Ek het myne by The Bowshop gekoop so 'n jaar terug (my laaitie het hom intussen verle)
Weet nie wie doen dit in Natal nie.

Op safaripress.com se website kan jy hom direk bestel as jy nie hier rond regkom nie. So $19.

Sterkte

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sal more vir jou by Bowshop hoor of hulle nog voorraad het.

·
Registered
164 Posts
A few pics from the shot placement book...

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Bowshop Pta het nog voorraad - R 170-00

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Hi Jason,

how often you was in S.A. for hunting ? I saw some trophy pictures in the US section of AT.
You kind of pictures from shoot placement look very interest, do you have more from this ?

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Frank-

I have been in RSA and Namibia. I can't wait to go back, but have 3 young children right now and money needs to be spent on them. I long for a beautiful nyala and bushbuck. Here are some more of those photos.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.