Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the chance to look at one of these crossbows today . I am quite impressed with the bow . Fit and finish was quite good . Weight and balance were good . Bow draws back quite smoothly with some let off right and the end .
have read they have a five pound trigger pull--- well it sure does not feel like it to me . There is NO creep or take up in this trigger, start applying pressure and bang --- surprise ... The bow was quite quiet and came complete with a scope with lit recticles , it even seemed to be decent quality . Looked over the limbs , cables , and strings again all looked to be well made . Price was around $600 Canadian ...I think it would be a great crossbow for some one starting out or for a recurve guy like my self that wanted a new toy to play with ..

·
Crossbow Nut
715 Posts
Had the chance to look at one of these crossbows today . I am quite impressed with the bow . Fit and finish was quite good . Weight and balance were good . Bow draws back quite smoothly with some let off right and the end .
have read they have a five pound trigger pull--- well it sure does not feel like it to me . There is NO creep or take up in this trigger, start applying pressure and bang --- surprise ... The bow was quite quiet and came complete with a scope with lit recticles , it even seemed to be decent quality . Looked over the limbs , cables , and strings again all looked to be well made . Price was around $600 Canadian ...I think it would be a great crossbow for some one starting out or for a recurve guy like my self that wanted a new toy to play with ..
The one KI bow I saw looks great but being a recurve guy myself, I can't get excited about playing with anything with wheels and cables on it.
Jack ><>

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have owned only recurve crossbows since 92 . Ease of use / low maintainence and accuracy have been the main reasons . My love of crossbows ( archery in general ) has not stopped me from looking at what else is out there . Some of the new crossbow models are just in a price range that people can not afford . This model seems to have covered all the bases and offers good quality / speed for the money . Ease of cocking would also be a consideration for some people that have health issues or other physical limitations .

I see a new crossbow and have to check it out wheels or not . Jack Pine I have heard there are a few on this forum that don't get excited when they see a recurve crossbow ! LOL:)

·
Crossbow Nut
715 Posts
I have owned only recurve crossbows since 92 . Ease of use / low maintainence and accuracy have been the main reasons . My love of crossbows ( archery in general ) has not stopped me from looking at what else is out there . Some of the new crossbow models are just in a price range that people can not afford . This model seems to have covered all the bases and offers good quality / speed for the money . Ease of cocking would also be a consideration for some people that have health issues or other physical limitations .

I see a new crossbow and have to check it out wheels or not . Jack Pine I have heard there are a few on this forum that don't get excited when they see a recurve crossbow ! LOL:)
That is so true, but simple is beautiful; the simple solution is always the best for me, whether crossbows or anything else. !707 Mrs Pine drives me nuts when she takes something simple and complicates the heck out of it LOL!
Jack ><>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts