Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used or shot one of these crossbows thinking of giving one a try never owned a crossbow

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Killer Instinct was sold a few weeks ago, not sure to who, also not sure they will keep the same warranty as before.....Just something to think about.....:wink:

Mike

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Has anyone used or shot one of these crossbows thinking of giving one a try never owned a crossbow
Not sure which model you are looking at. I had the Furious Z355 for a few days. It was a decent crossbow. Pretty easy to cock with the cam letoff at the top of the draw. Seemed well made for the money. I did not care for the rubber/vinyl hand guards as they made me angle the grips of the cocking rope to get the hooks on the string. I did not care for the folding foot stirrup (when cocking it). Trigger had some creep in it. It was also as loud as my 380 hybrid recurve, and slower. I sent it back, as I just liked my recurve bows better.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
The 370 models with the Trigger Tech trigger are really pretty nice packages. They have the tact-ti-cool look to them but that's not a bad thing.

I agree that checking into the new ownership would be wise.

·
Registered
51,121 Posts
I personally think you can do better. Everyone I have seen come into the shop has broke a limb. Also they are made in China.

·
Marty in Badgerland
5,292 Posts
I won one at my sportsman club raffle. I never had a crossbow before this - always said I’d take one if I won it but I’d never buy one as long as I can still draw a bow.

That said, it seems to be a decent rig. It’s accurate and easier to cock than I expected. Shooting it is rather anticlimactic because it always hits where I aim. No need to practice with it. I may just sell it cause I don’t enjoy shooting it nearly as much as I enjoy my vertical bows!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I really think the Ripper 415 they have is a solid package at a really good value($400). They can't keep them off of backorder. After killing 5 deer with my Centerpoint Tormentor last year, believe me, the deer don't mind that it was made in China.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts