Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
shot my dxt through a chrono for the first time yesterday. 27in draw 70lbs shooting a 27.5 400 fmj total weight is 425 gr sot three times at 254 fps typed it all in for k/e and came out with 65 should i try a lighter arrow bow is accruate just thought it would be a little faster.

·
Alien Mafia Member
3,765 Posts
shot my dxt through a chrono for the first time yesterday. 27in draw 70lbs shooting a 27.5 400 fmj total weight is 425 gr sot three times at 254 fps typed it all in for k/e and came out with 65 should i try a lighter arrow bow is accruate just thought it would be a little faster.

It's not far off.
I came up with 260fps, allowing for loop and peep etc on the string.

At 254fps, the KE is actually 62ft/lb
Lowering the arrow weight can also lower KE, and will definitely lower momentum.
If the bow shoots accurately, I would leave it as is.
Speed is not everything.

Kev

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
what hurts more a super fast ping pong ball or a little slower golf ball?:darkbeer:

·
Registered
578 Posts
Consider yourself lucky

You already have a good shooting bow, what more can a guy ask for? If you want speed, then get a speed bow, spend a lot of money, get frustrated, and then go pick up your DXT for shooting enjoyment. Let me see... what would I do?

·
Bonehunter
8,848 Posts
Accuracy is what really matters :teeth: Don't get caught up in the speed game.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i liked the ping pong ball analogy. i will leave it like it is. iv killed deer with slower lol

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Sounds like a good set up!
When you shoot the bow does it "feel" fast?
does that arrow get there in a hurry?
Don't get caught up in the over inflated IBO #s companies advertise they are
just trying to move thier product!
If your comfortable on the draw, hitting the target at the distances you want to shoot and it all feels good Enjoy!

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
Sounds like enough to get the job done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts