Votes: 5 12.5%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
902 Posts
Did you calculate that or measure it ?
and how would we go about doing so ?

· Registered
902 Posts
Mine works out to be just over 74# then.

· Registered
2,486 Posts
I hate to say it but its not posible out of that bow with that draw weight.. Usally KE is around the same as your draw weight and at most it will be 15lbs more, but not out of a cardiac. with that bow you would have to shot about 100lbs.

· Registered
2,486 Posts
yep its not posible. I just ran his setup through OT2 and put his draw lenght at 30 inches and arrow lenght at 29inches and the arrow should weigh about 400 grains and he should be getting rite at 300fps and 77lbs of KE. Sorry man but its just not possible.

· Registered
902 Posts
Sorry had a typo the speed is 317 not 327 which would give me 97.5# of KE not bad for a 27.5" draw.
have you re-measured your draw length since installing the bow turbo ?
the only way I can see that thing working is by bending the cables in, hence using more of the cables, and increasing your draw length and poundage.

· Registered
2,486 Posts
have you re-measured your draw length since installing the bow turbo ?
the only way I can see that thing working is by bending the cables in, hence using more of the cables, and increasing your draw length and poundage.
Yep thats exactly what it does.. I tried one on my Katera and it started at 29inches exactly then i put the Turbow on and it added 3/4's of an inch. It does the because normally the cable slides back and meets the draw stops but since it will not slide with a bowturbow the cams have to travel farther causing more draw lenght and also more draw weight because it is stressing the limbs more then normal.

· wolfey
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The draw length went up 1/2 inch so I put a different mod in it also the poundage didn't increase at all when I got it set up correctly.

· Registered
902 Posts
Yep thats exactly what it does.. I tried one on my Katera and it started at 29inches exactly then i put the Turbow on and it added 3/4's of an inch. It does the because normally the cable slides back and meets the draw stops but since it will not slide with a bowturbow the cams have to travel farther causing more draw lenght and also more draw weight because it is stressing the limbs more then normal.
Seems like a con to me. It actually forces the bow out of intended spec - not what i would consider a good idea.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.