Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are made by American Whitetail. Has anyone used them, how do they stack up against a yellow jacket or rhinehart? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Do a search on them on youtube, good video,great target!

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I saw the video a while back, just checkin on what other peoples experiences were.

·
Embrace The Suck!
1,953 Posts
I've got three BH targets right now, two yellowjackets and a king. Both YJ's are worn out and have fallen apart. The king is MUCH better. Never had the 18-1, but I doubt king could compete from what I've heard.

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how long does the 18-1 last? Since it cost twice as much, does it last twice as long?

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
I don't think there is a target out there that can stand alot of broadhead shots.There is a video posted on AT that shows the king target with after only 40+ shots were getting pass throughs.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I don't think there is a target out there that can stand alot of broadhead shots.There is a video posted on AT that shows the king target with after only 40+ shots were getting pass throughs.
40+ shots in the same spot w/ broadheads and just starting to get pass throughs.....I'd be happy w/ that. Still a lot of target left.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
I think the 18-1 is the only target that has a 1 year unconditional guarantee.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
I have one, and I've put about 50 shots into it, and it's still like new. Not sure how long it will least, but it's WAY better than the block I have!!!

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
The video I saw was quite different. It was the other brands getting pass throughs with minimal broadhead shooting. Maybe a different video? Do you have a link for the 40 arrow pass through on a King Target?

As some of you know, I shoot a TenPoint Pro Elite crossbow that generates right at 100 foot pounds of KE and I have found that the King by American Whitetail is the only target that holds up with any regularity at all.

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
The video I saw was quite different. It was the other brands getting pass throughs with minimal broadhead shooting. Maybe a different video? Do you have a link for the 40 arrow pass through on a King Target?

As some of you know, I shoot a TenPoint Pro Elite crossbow that generates right at 100 foot pounds of KE and I have found that the King by American Whitetail is the only target that holds up with any regularity at all.
Enjoy.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gKGVUp3O5Sc

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the replies. Anyone know how long a Kings Series target lasts compaired to a rinehart? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
I have both the 18-1 and the king, both are very good targets. Of coarse the 18-1 will last longer because of its design and price. Buy a bag target and do 90% of your shooting with that and buy a king and do your broadhead shooting with it and you will be able to shoot for a couple years.

No reason to have to shoot broadheads all of the time anyways.

both targets beat the tar out of the block.

Good shooting!

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
I love my king target. I have the smaller one because BPS was out of the bigger one, but it is holding up way better than any broadhead target I've ever used. Well worth the money I spent on it.

·
NAASP
14,539 Posts
Kings

They are made by American Whitetail. Has anyone used them, how do they stack up against a yellow jacket or rhinehart? Thanks.

I have a MDL target made by them for Cabelas.

It's a top notch target. I like better than the Yellowjacket BH target.

And at a lower price.

The thing on the MDL type targets is there is only one face.

Don't have any exp. on the Rhineharts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts