Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Got a quick question. How many of you use a kisser button and peep sight. I've been ready some articles about how using a kisser w/ peep can affect anchor point and accuracy in the long run. I've been trying to really increase my accuracy and I feel like it's possible my kisser is throwing off a really solid anchor point. Idk. What you guys think?

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
I use both but after hunting season I am going to take my kisser off. I feel like I don't worry about draw arm placement and more about the kisser and I think I get some difference in shooting forms.

·
Back Yard Champion
35,328 Posts
A kisser is used as a check point. Anchor is first established. The kisser is then positioned to your anchor. Position of the kisser is not of importance, but knowing where it should feel is. Okay, you can have it up so your nose makes contact. One person I know serves in a nose knot. Knot goes to the middle of the tip of his nose. Says it makes sure his head is positioned.

·
silent but deadly
1,195 Posts
I know where the string contacts my nose, and where my hand touches the back of my jaw. With a peep in place that is all the alignment I need. Consistency is the answer. If a kisser helps you obtain that, then I will encourage you to use that tool to your advantage. Don't allow someone else's opinion influence you towards a position that might present a mistake.

·
Registered
898 Posts
went back to a kisser button with a peep 3/16. Best move I have made for a while. More accurate shooting. Got to do what works for you.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I used a kisser button for a while this summer but took it off 3 days ago. I shoot much better without it. Some like them....different strokes for different folks. If you try one don't locate it in the corner of your mouth and make sure the split is away from your face. Kissers are very good tools for trimming mustaches.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I used one with my last bow but my new one I decided not to, I wanted to rely on hitting anchor points without the use of a kisser and so far I've had positive results. It forces me to pay closer attention to hitting my anchor points every time.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I took mine off yesterday. Idk how I feel about it honestly, just feels weird without having something touching by lip and it almost feels like I'm not even touching my nose to the string anymore. I'm gonna try for a few days worth of shooting and see how I like it.

·
The Impartial Archer
24,372 Posts
Hey guys. Got a quick question. How many of you use a kisser button and peep sight. I've been ready some articles about how using a kisser w/ peep can affect anchor point and accuracy in the long run. I've been trying to really increase my accuracy and I feel like it's possible my kisser is throwing off a really solid anchor point. Idk. What you guys think?
Then you have them in the wrong spot and you are forcing the anchor. Adjust your peep to the right height first and then at full draw move the kisser around until it feels "right" and then lock it down. Having more anchors points is never a bad thing.......you may not need it but it can never hurt......unless they aren't lined up correctly.

·
Shootin and Cussin
26,911 Posts
I don't use a kisser but I do use a snotter. I find it to work for me much better than a kisser.

·
Engee Potgieter
5,888 Posts
A kisser button together with a peep will actually improve your accuracy as you now have TWO reference points in regards to your anchor. In the heat of the moment you might anchor a tad high or low when a big buck steps out, but the kisser button is an immediate and very effective insurance.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Where I've noticed a kisser button is most effective is when you are in a tree and torqued out of position trying to make a shot...

The kisser allows you to be uncomfortable but still make a shot and have the same point of impact!

www.60xcustomstrings.com

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.