·
Banned
1,459 Posts
yes..........................

and am very accurate with it that way cant stand a peep

·
Registered
22 Posts
There is a guy that hunts on my land that told me about kisser buttons a year ago and it was cool because I am new to archery. That being said he is a really good shot and he said that doesnt use a "peep". Come to find out he told me this year he uses a string splitter ( http://www.stringsplitter.net ). I am interested in trying one but I dont know if anyone has any reviews etc. this is all he uses and says he can see so much more and that he just anchors with his kisser. He says he uses the "mini" because the others are to big. I put the sight out there to see but i have seen them in person at BPS. Dont know if this is what you were looking for but good day.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
The thought has crossed my mind a time or two to use only a kisser button. However, I have found the a kisser weights more than a G-5 Meta peep. I use either the 1/4" to 5/16 Meta peep and I can see through that until its too dark to see anything at all so personally I come out ahead on that. All except the hassle of getting a peep set up. Along the same lines here, a couple AT members told me recently about tying a knot like the beginning of a D- Loop and just using that for a kisser button. It worked for me and it does not weight much at all so little to no speed loss. I will admit though that a standard kisser button is a great way to keep everything the same when faced with a difficult shot angle from a stand.

·
Team #12 - 2009 Winners!!
10,149 Posts
My uncle can not see through a peep sight when it starts to get low light for about the last 150-20 mins of shooting, so he just uses a kisser button and no peep and shoots good that way.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
I use to not use a peep...then the last 8 years I have..I'm really considering going back to a no peep and kisser buttton...However! I alighn the string striaght off the center of my nose and look stright through the string using a peep. ..especially with high angle strings on short bows...like the Z7 or the DXT I use to have....So I guess I will stick to a peep.

·
fall at last
3,260 Posts
On my last two bows, I used a peep on one and an anchor sight on the other but both still had kissers. Just set up my Z7 and went to just a kisser. I tie 1/2 of a d-loop and then serve a little above and below to keep it from turning. I've tried the true kisser buttons before but every so often they'd give me a fat lip :mg:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Kisser Buttons are a must....

Hi, Jessy Draves chiming in here.... I'm the maker of the Komfort Kiss Kisser Button. I developed the Komfort Kiss because I was tired of all the other kisser buttons tearing peoples lips. We couldn't agree more with what's being said about the kisser button improving a consistent anchor point.

We believe Kisser buttons work great with peep sights or by themselves.

If you want to check out my design here's the link..

Kisser Button

:wink:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Currently, I don't use either. My anchor point is the joint between my index and middle finger placed on the back of my lower jaw bone and the tip of my nose to the string.

When I get my new bow and have it set up, I will be going to a kisser button for sure and may go with a peep too. Not sure about the peep.

The jaw bone anchor point for me is great when shooting at the target, but is not as quick as I would like when I am in the stand.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Yes, I have always used just a kisser button. I use one of those big Saunders kissers with the little holes around the perimeter. I have tried peep sights, but my accuracy is not any better and I lose shooting light at the edges of daylight.
Dan

·
Registered
497 Posts
Count me in. It sure makes it better in those low light conditions during those last few minutes of legal shooting time.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I don't use a peep anymore,i take white thread and make 2 spots around string, where peep would be, center your pin just like a peep, only to the one side. This combined with string touching my nose, works so good, i will never use a peep again.

·
Alien Mafia Member
3,765 Posts
Tried shooting without a peep, used the Hindsite.
Worked great, except without the diopter effect of the peep I couldn't focus the pins unless I wore my glasses.
So, peep back on 'cos I hate wearing glasses when I shoot/hunt.

Kev

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
hint

I used to use a kisser only, several of us did and shot very well that way. We would take a small (2-3") piece of white pin stripe (like 1/8" wide) and place it along the edge of the site window vertically. Used this as a reference to line up the string and then you have a clear view of your pins. Only drawback is that your pins will have to be moved way out, and some brands of sites could not accomodate this distance away from your bow.

However, whether it is true or not, I always felt like I was more accurate with the peep and I just stopped pulling it out during hunting season.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hi,

I'll spare you the story that leads to my question. So here's the question... how do you aim without a peep?

Clearly, that's a newbie question, but I'm trying to understand how you guys do it. If there's no peep, how do you see the pins of your sight? Do you just line the pins up next to the string and sight the bow in that way? With a peep, one basically looks "through" the string to see the pins. How does shooting without a peep work? Thanks!

-Witty

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I use a kisser with no peep and have for years. Never cared for peeps.

Same here been shooting that way since day one! My brother shoots the same way very accurate out to 50-60!! :thumbs_up

1 - 20 of 33 Posts