Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I have been shooting using my nose on the string but I feel like I cannot get a consistent anchor. I am considering using a kisser in an attempt to help the situation. I have used one in the past some with success, however my DL was way too long( I believe this has been corrected) Currently the bottom of the kisser is 1/8" above the top knot of my d-loop, the actual kisser is 3/8" above, and this feels pretty good after only a few shots. Does this seem similar to where others who have correct draw length are placing theirs or is it more a matter of personal preference?

·
Registered
9,673 Posts
Set proper DL. Anchor in comfortable and repeatable position. Set peep height and sight for type and distance. Then set kisser position. In that order. There is no 'standard' height for kisser placement. It is determined by bow geometry, personal physical attributes, anchor position and peep height.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cjohson-LOL, sounds like something I might do. thanks for looking
rolo- Did all of that. Was just wondering if that was close to what others were shooting. Thought body shape and personal pref would play a role in it though. thanks for the reply

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
mine is set at 1 1/2 inches from the center of the loop. For what it's worth, the shop I go to set all their peeps at 1 1/4".

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
mine is set at 1 1/2 inches from the center of the loop. For what it's worth, the shop I go to set all their peeps at 1 1/4".
I meant kisser, not peep

·
Registered
637 Posts
Best place for a kisser

In a drawer, away from your face and bow, its a crutch and crutches are meant to be used and discarded!

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
A kisser button is not a crutch. It's a tool to help you, same as a peep or your consistent anchor point.

I put mine an inch and 3/8 above the top knot on the d-loop.

·
Registered
51,158 Posts
I have found for the average customer it works about a thumb width up from the top of the loop.

·
Venison Junkie
1,274 Posts
I don't use a kisser. I have a knot on the string that goes below the tip of my nose. Works great, especially when hunting.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
carlielos- with that crutch I used to get robinhoods on a regular basis so im trying to get back to that, just thought I would try the nose/string thing when I got my DL corrected
drumdude- sounds like a good idea. do you just use a piece of serving to tie the knot with?

Thanks for all the replies everyone

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Mine is 1" from top knot of my dloop.

·
Socket Man
24,315 Posts
I made myself a nose kisser, I just put a brass nock on the string so that it touches the top of my nose and the string still touches the tip of my nose. I really like it, I don't have the string dug into my face and it only touches the tip of my nose so using a normal kisser would have forced me to change my anchor and press the string closer to my face.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
I have "nose pickers" on all my bow strings.

Yes, just tie a knot by wrapping serving around a few times. I like to tie the knot so it actually "picks" at my nose so I can easily feel it. Even if my nose is very cold.

·
Registered
637 Posts
carlielos- with that crutch I used to get robinhoods on a regular basis so im trying to get back to that, just thought I would try the nose/string thing when I got my DL corrected
drumdude- sounds like a good idea. do you just use a piece of serving to tie the knot with?

Thanks for all the replies everyone
If somehow you feel you couldn't shoot that well with out a kisser button then you have confidence issues and other things Im not qualified to comment on!
I don't nor ever have used a crutch I mean kisser and if I were dumb enough to shoot all my arrows at the same spot id have more of those "robin hood's" I can stand financially!
At least recognize what it is, its a crutch, same as any, some may say a Peep or a release is a crutch so if it bothers you then so be it!

·
Registered
336 Posts
If somehow you feel you couldn't shoot that well with out a kisser button then you have confidence issues and other things Im not qualified to comment on!
I don't nor ever have used a crutch I mean kisser and if I were dumb enough to shoot all my arrows at the same spot id have more of those "robin hood's" I can stand financially!
At least recognize what it is, its a crutch, same as any, some may say a Peep or a release is a crutch so if it bothers you then so be it!
Are you always an a**hole or are you just practicing?? Get over yourself buddy. What YOU see as a crutch is a tool for thousands of other people. We're so happy you don't need those little hindrances and everything in your life is perfect but don't sit here and lord it over us! Yet another person who severely lacks the tact gene!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts