Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a new to me PSE Stinger 3G. Love the way it shoots there's just a few things I want to do to it. I like the look and reviews on the bowjax string silencers anybody have experience with them? Tips/tricks? They come with small zip ties to attach any better way or is this acceptable? Only reason I'm looking is the tails that are on the bow now are dry rotting and cracked.

Now my other question. Installing a kisser. What's the best way? I see the potential for much better consistency just afraid of setting it up wrong I guess. Might have the shop do it at the same time they set up my sons bow.

Thanks for any and all help,
Chris F. Lakeland, FL

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I don't use string silencers, so I can't help ya there. I'm mostly a bow hunter so I do care about quiet, but since I started using good strings I have found that silencers are not needed.

As for the kisser, I found, that I like to use the Alpine Archery Nitro Buttons. Use a cotter key to get one on the string, slide it to where you like it then tie a small knot above and below it so it doesn't move.

·
Registered
296 Posts
try one string silencer 1 1/4 inch below bottom of rubber string stop and nothing else to start,kisser can be made with half d loop knot served above and below if you like.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
I prefer the nocking point for a kisser button. Its lighter and doesnt take as much speed away. The speed sleeves are great. They do a little bit of dampening, but will add 1-3 fps to the speed. Placement is usually right at or near factory speed nock locations

1 - 5 of 5 Posts