Archery Talk Forum banner

Kisser Question

374 6
I haven't gotten into doing a lot of my archery work myself. I want to put a kisser button on my string to give myself another anchor point. My question is, how to I measure where to put it? I would like to do this myself but it seems like I would need another set of hands. Any tips on doing this?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· aka "5 Spot"
9,767 Posts
I haven't gotten into doing a lot of my archery work myself. I want to put a kisser button on my string to give myself another anchor point. My question is, how to I measure where to put it? I would like to do this myself but it seems like I would need another set of hands. Any tips on doing this?
Mount the kisser on the string, but do NOT clamp it down. Draw the bow and make a mental note of which direction it needs to move. Let down, rinse, repeat.

Once you have found the location, clamp it down.

· Registered
278 Posts
Kisser

I measure from the top side of my nock up the string 1-1/4" and put it there but don't clamp it down until I draw the bow and make sure it feels right. Also I use a full draw kisser thats on the string in a 90 degree and when you come to full draw its level.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.