Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a new Knightmare on order and I am trying to figure out what spline arrows you guys are using.

I will be shooting 65LB 28.5DL. I just got a great deal on brand new Beman ICS Hunter Pros in 340 spline. Do you guys think this will be to weak?
If so I am sure i can throw them up in the classifieds and get my money back. I picked up 12 uncut still in the packaging for 54$ on ebay.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Shoot a 400 injexion......you will love it....I shoot a 330 injexion out of my 71# knightmare with AAE hunter max vanes....they fly unreal....

·
The Buck Drops Here
5,925 Posts
How long you planning on cutting them? What tip weight?

If you cut it down at least as short as your DL or 28" and use 100gn tips I bet you're good to go.

I'm shooting .400 bloodlines at 27.5" with 27.5" DL at 63# with 125 gn tips. They're flying like lasers.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cant wait to get it in but I'm really not in any rush. I tore my shoulder and im not supposed to pick up more then 15lb for the next two months. Its almost easier not having it then having to look at it set in the case lol.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Congrats on your bow and sorry that you have to just look at you will heal don't rush it.my knightmare at 60lbs and 30 DL I'm using 300 pro hunters by gold tip also the ultralight 22's cut at 28.50 I personally find that a little heavier spine shoots better for me plus why shoot a arrow that's border line.Now last night we set up my new elite answer and when we ran numbers I was pleased that the datorch 330 will be fine with it.I was flat out amazed how these arrows spined their tolerances are unreal for a hunting arrow.Call Steve at stevesarcheryarrows an he would be glad to help you in anyway.good luck and hope you heal fast

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was looking at those arrows as well. also looking at the Black Eagle Deep impacts. Why do the charts on all the companies websites say a 400 spline is whats recommended when we know this is to weak?

·
The Buck Drops Here
5,925 Posts
They usually are on the softer side from my experiences.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Todd I have a dozen carnivores for sale in .003 350spline for sale if interested. 60$ they are to short for my knight mare at 28.5 but if u had a 28dl they would fit just fine. I used them with my insanity. 60tyd

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
They should tune fine with a 100gr head and cut down pretty short...If you try to shoot them full length "and no idea why anyone would" and or run a heavier head they might come in a little weak but I think you'll be fine at 65lbs.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am lucky that my the guy who runs my bow shop does it out of pure love of archery and has a 65lb 28.5 knightmare of his own with lots of different arrow weights and splines so we can figure out what works best for mine when it comes in.

how many grains are you guys using to hunt with out of your Knightmares? I was going to try to stay between 380 and 415. If i stay in the 290fps+ I will be one stoked dude lol..

This is my first year back to hunting in 13 years. I had no idea how much time and money i would be dropping to get back into it. Tree stands, Trail cams, Clothing, and all that goes with it. wow

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't worry about the length. But that's just me, everyone has their preference as to how much arrow sticks out in front of the launcher arm of the rest, or past the front of the riser. I shoot a 27" arrow w/ a 28.5 DL. Field tips, broadheads, it doesnt matter, you still have to keep your fingers out of they path of the arrow. I am trying out some 350 Carnivores cut to 28" that I got with my Knightmare. They shoot great and I'll probably take an inch off of them to stiffen them up just a little. I'm shooting mine off of a TrophyTaker Smackdown Pro. If I wanted to, I could go as short as 26". I am really tempted to buy your dozen, strip the Bowtech wraps and refletch them.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I only had my Insanity for about two weeks after i got the arrows. The six i used are in great shape and the others were never out of the box. I will give them to you for 60$ TYD. I need to get rid of them.

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
I am lucky that my the guy who runs my bow shop does it out of pure love of archery and has a 65lb 28.5 knightmare of his own with lots of different arrow weights and splines so we can figure out what works best for mine when it comes in.

how many grains are you guys using to hunt with out of your Knightmares? I was going to try to stay between 380 and 415. If i stay in the 290fps+ I will be one stoked dude lol..

This is my first year back to hunting in 13 years. I had no idea how much time and money i would be dropping to get back into it. Tree stands, Trail cams, Clothing, and all that goes with it. wow
My hunting arrows are weighing in at 440grs all finished out with like 16% FOC. I don't always run an arrow that heavy for whitetail hunting but if I know I'm hunting out west "spot n stalk" I run a heavier arrow with more FOC because of the longer shots...This year I plan to do some elk hunting in WY and hopefully some mule deer hunting in South Dakota.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
I joined the Obsession Crew last night with a 60# Knightmare purchase. I'll be shooting Gold Tip 7595 (XT and Pro) with a 100g tip. My DL falls around 28.75-29

With the bow maxed (I'm assuming around 62#) and the arrows cut at 28.5 nock groove to insert, I should be okay, right? I've got 18 uncut arrows so if anyone has a length suggestion, I can always separate my Chill arrows and Knightmare arrows.

Thanks.

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
I joined the Obsession Crew last night with a 60# Knightmare purchase. I'll be shooting Gold Tip 7595 (XT and Pro) with a 100g tip. My DL falls around 28.75-29

With the bow maxed (I'm assuming around 62#) and the arrows cut at 28.5 nock groove to insert, I should be okay, right? I've got 18 uncut arrows so if anyone has a length suggestion, I can always separate my Chill arrows and Knightmare arrows.

Thanks.
Good to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
The Buck Drops Here
5,925 Posts
Your good at the specs you listed falcon.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I'm shooting a .400 spine deep impact with 100 gr head out of a 29" 62.5 lbs LF and am having great results

1 - 20 of 22 Posts