Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up … a Japanese whetstone in 6,000 grit. I keep my knives pretty sharp; Wustkof, Zwilling JA Henckels, old German Hofrittz, Dalstrong Shoguns, scissors, chisels, hunting knife, mower blades, loppers; if it cuts I want it sharp. Dull tools make me nuts. Strop my knives after each use before they go into the knife block. Same with my hunting knife. Good cleaning and strop when I get home after every use. Heck, if I out of state on a DMP project I bring a decent chef knife or santoku AND a Spyderco sharpening kit...lol The 6,000 grit is taking my knife edge to a new level. Before a blade would slice a sheet of newspaper effortlessly, no snag, no drag. Now? Just the weight of the blade slices through it. The knives will shave 1/16" slices off the loosely hanging paper. I have an inexpensive Swedish Mora knife that for some reason my Sheila has taken a shine to. She uses it constantly for cooking. It's always been sharp as heck. Now, it's scary sharp. Impressive.

If you're one of those scalpel sharp broadhead fanatics, this would put a smile on your face.

In any case, sharpening stuff will give you something useful to do instead of sitting in front of your computer screen.

I have an 8,000 grit on order.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Im with Duke i cant stand any dull blade.I probably dont get mine near as sharp as Duke with them nice stones though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have one of the work sharp that takes the belts. I absolutely love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had to get away from stones, I could never keep a consistent angle as I worked my way through my different grits.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts