Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Scrub Master
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd see how many Kodas are out there and get your thoughts. Never hear anything about Kodas so thought I'd check in. My Scout is as well built crossbow as you can get. Never hear of any problems but never hear anything. Koda owners let's hear from ya!!!

·
Banned
379 Posts
Most crossbows are all about =Drama and look at Me and Egos.

Kodabow just about Dependability = so there no Drama ,no Issues ,no Egos,

We love our Scout best trigger and machining and great people make kodabows.

Depenabity is the best word for all kodabows.

Kinda cool to google kodabow no problems= I guess some people need drama in their life not me just want family and friends .

·
Registered
78 Posts
Great bow. We always wish for something, so a bit lighter would be nice. They don't seem to have any problems reported which few others can claim. Still thinking about getting the scout kit for mine, but happy with the BZ right now.

·
Scrub Master
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I was starting to think I was the only Koda owner left on here. I added the adapter to my Scout so I can cock the bow without the big plastic knob. Shortens the rope and it fits much better in my pocket. If i could make a wish or two it would be having a top mounted quiver bracket (removeable quiver) and some way to quiet down the adjustable buttstock. Other than that the weight is balanced and because the front grip is adjustable, it fits me fine.

·
Banned
379 Posts
Thanks guys, I was starting to think I was the only Koda owner left on here. I added the adapter to my Scout so I can cock the bow without the big plastic knob. Shortens the rope and it fits much better in my pocket. If i could make a wish or two it would be having a top mounted quiver bracket (removeable quiver) and some way to quiet down the adjustable buttstock. Other than that the weight is balanced and because the front grip is adjustable, it fits me fine.
I try that adapter soon just ordered a non adjustable rear stock.

·
Banned
379 Posts
Great bow. We always wish for something, so a bit lighter would be nice. They don't seem to have any problems reported which few others can claim. Still thinking about getting the scout kit for mine, but happy with the BZ right now.
We started with the full size Zulu than we got spoiled after buying the Scout deluxe kit pre strung short limbs and shorter riser great thing the zero stayed the same = My Scout about 5fps faster than Zulu very smooth and almost noise free ..not broadhead picky.

·
Scrub Master
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually ordered the adapter and a decocking rope before the bow got here from ldock. When I opened the box I found out Larry had already bought the adapter and all I had to do was put it on. After I did I figured out you could decock it with the cocking rope so I didnt need the dc rope either. Simplify, Simplify!!

·
Banned
379 Posts
I actually ordered the adapter and a decocking rope before the bow got here from ldock. When I opened the box I found out Larry had already bought the adapter and all I had to do was put it on. After I did I figured out you could decock it with the cocking rope so I didnt need the dc rope either. Simplify, Simplify!!
Glad you opened up a can of worms lol Kodabow needs more exposure here.

Perhaps we will see a Big Rhino Scout this new year.

·
Scrub Master
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im sure Chuck has something in the works and Im sure when something new comes out it will be bulletproof like everything else they make. It still amazes me the tolerances they maintain, whenever I put a Kodabow together. They arent flashy and they dont spend a ton of money advertising but they do make a dependable bow.

·
Scrub Master
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So far shooting this one, I think youre making a great decision. Im still experimenting with arrows and strings to see which works best. So far they all work well so its taking longer to figure out the best setup.Thats a good problem to have, lol!!

·
Banned
379 Posts
So far shooting this one, I think youre making a great decision. Im still experimenting with arrows and strings to see which works best. So far they all work well so its taking longer to figure out the best setup.Thats a good problem to have, lol!!
Chuck stock strings cannot be beat you get unbelievable serving life longer life more than any crossbow made.

If you want a different string try Boos strings or call 60X .

Chucks 338 mag and Accu-Spline arrows I found the best but Jerry of Sourh Shore could help too with his arrows and proper spline.If you want a super tuff arrow call Mr D at Firenock his Areobolt2 and Aerovane2. Are hog heaven with hogs the double wall aerobolt2 out lasts all arrows 5 to 1.

Great thing the Scout loves any broadhead she shoots ,some best for killing Ram Cats,all the Nap brands ,Grimn Reaper,hogs with expanables COC and Chisel point Grave Diggers with the adjustable blade tension screw they give instructions how set the tension .

·
Banned
379 Posts
For a change try a Non Adjustable rear stock so many out there to try or different adjustable rear stock heck 100s out there you never get bored with kodabow,,, next I am getting the special orderr African Big Game Kit =rail=double limbs for shooting 1200 grain arrows and up the power is evened out on 4 working limbs now that the DEPENABLE power kodabow offers us customers.

Think about this when sitting in a tree stand or blind near your home or hundreds miles away when you look at yourr kodabow she aways ready with a sneakering sexy smile= just treat Her like a Lady She do all the harvesting for you just bring a sharp knife and a kid or new hunter with you =be a teacher and a depenable friend . STAY THUSTY MY Friends=life to short enjoy it to the fullest repect the game you hunt and make trusting long lasting freinds we all will leave this earth so be happy in your life.

·
Scrub Master
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh and I have 2 dozen of Jerry's original Spynal Tapps. I'm gonna set up a dozen for the Scout. I bought the aluminum flat Nocks and brass inserts from Jerry at the same time. Might try some of these 4" Duravanes I have on a slight right offset and see how they fly.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have been researching and studying the Kodabow Scout for a while. I believe for the most part people tend to comment more on a bow when they have bad experiences with thier crossbow. So far I have not found any truly negative posts on a Kodabows, that indicates to me that they must be great bows. The Excalibur 330 that I have now is a keeper for me but if/when I buy another crossbow it looks like the Scout will be the one.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Another Kodabow owner here checking in, I have owned the Big Rhino for 3 or 4 years or so now. We are definitely the minority when it comes to the xbow world not much published or posted when it comes to Koda's

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.