Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been shooting an AIM Viper for a few months now and recently I purchased a 70's vintage Kodiak Magnum 50# for my son in excellent condition. I was so impressed with this little bow that I'm considering buying a short recurve for myself to use in wooded areas. At first I was simply going to find another used KM but then I found Martin makes the Rebel and now I'm wondering if there are significant pros or cons to either in comparisson to the other. I wonder if anyone out there is able to provide a review of these two bows.
Thank you,
T2

·
Lowered expectations
16,612 Posts
Not so much a review, but an opinion...I have a vintage Kodiak Mag as well and it's a very nice shooter, with no stack at my draw (about 28"). I have shot some Rebels, and find that they start to stack just before I hit my draw.

Also, I prefer the grip on the Kodiak as well. Just all around a better shooter. If you can find another one on eBay or elsewhere, I think you'll be happier with it than the Rebel.

If you want a new bow, have a look at the Bear Supermag 48 - that's one surprisingly nice shooter. You'd think the shortness would be an issue, but no.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts