Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking at carrying a new Bow line called Kodiak Outdoors.
I have contacted them and they sent one for us to try in the Shop. In shooting this bow it appears to be a nice shooting bow, accurate, I threw a rest on it and was shooting bullseye's immediately, very little hand vibration, integrated sight, nice machine work. Comes with Winner's Choice string and cable. I was wondering what the ArcheryTalk members thought of this bow line.

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
good stuff

I met these guys at ATA and was IMPRESSED with their bows. Since handling the Winner's Choice account, I've had a chance to talk with them further.

They are perfection maniacs and make awesome bows.

Two thumbs up...:D

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
What I know

I know two guys that shoot Kodiak as coop shooters through pro shops. They have both told me that the bows are accurate and with the new cam design for '03, super smooth. The older one cam supposedly has a hop to it. (I personally have never shot one.)

As for you comment about the strings, this must be a change for Kodiak. Previously, their strings were made here in Tucson. Double check the Winner's choice comment.

If I have a shop, I probably would carry Kodiak.

DR

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DesertRat

The bow has the Winner's Choice sticker on it. Very nice string and cable. Thanks for the reply guy's. It is nice to hear peoples opinion of new bows. I was impressed with the bow, not a real speed demon but a nice shooting bow.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Nice bows!;) I first saw the Kodiak at the ATA show and was immediately impressed and had to shoot one. They have excellent craftsmanship and tolerances, with a long list of attributes that will make any hard-core bowhunter smile. They shoot very sweet, low recoil and shock, very quiet. I gave them my own personal "best new hunting bow of 2003" award, and grabbed the line after shooting them. Thumbs up from me, great service too-- Jed has treated me very well. They will do fine in the bowhunting market IMO, they've got a heck of a good start for a second-year company!;) Good shooting, Pinwheel 12

Edit--Yes, they now come through with WC strings and harness. Sweet.:)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just got a KO 32 and love it, I was going to get a RazorTec because I shoot my CyberTec so well but I got the KO because its so light, so it should be a great hunting bow. If you have a chance to look at one its really a work of art, almost afraid to take it in the woods. The one I have has the Quick cam and the draw is smooth, its as fast maybe a bit faster than my old SQ2 and lighter. The sight window is wide open, cant say that about some short ATA bows. Very quit bow with no hand shock with limb savers and String leaches attached.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts