Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
korean archery - challenge the impossible

70m apple, 70m egg, 30m soybeanfirst,hemp thread…
30m piercing an arrow

''''''''''repeathing the same shot brame mathematically impossible
split an arrow into two was, indeed, a work of fiction''''''''''''''

not possible? no, it's possible
Korean archer the GOD

http://sports.iqwww.com/archery/korean-archery-challenge-the-impossible-30/

· Registered
681 Posts
WOW.......... That is amazing.... I wonder how many attempts that took to get that on video...

· Registered
2,418 Posts
That video has been posted here probably 100 times. It's a neat video, but has TONS of editing in it. People (Koreans, or otherwise) simply cannot do that with a bow on command. Just do a search for Korean archers and you're sure to find the video.

Todd

· Registered
818 Posts
In Korea, archery is part of their "PE". They start shooting at a very young age and spend countless hours working at perfecting form. The first year, they don't even pick up a bow. It's spent just making the movements up and down putting their arms in proper form. Then when it comes time for their "formal education", they separate out the very best of the best and continue their training.

It's really not a surprise that their archers do so well. If America groomed every child to shoot and then was able to pick the very best out of the entire country.....we'd be winning too. Probably the people with the most potential to shoot in America aren't even into archery. There's a lot of untapped talent in a such a large group that hasn't even attempted the sport.

· Registered
1,043 Posts
For the guy who said there is alot of editing PROVE IT!!!. Dont be a hater cause you cant do that. As it was said archery is burned into their soul

· Registered
2,418 Posts
I SAID IT, and don't have to prove sqaut. Use a little common sense. No one on this Earth will bust an egg at 70 meters with a recurve bow on command, the first shot, and use skill to do it, or shaft an arrow at 30m, or bust a soy bean, etc. That shooting was massively editted, whether I can do it or not. I'm not a hater. I love everyone, but I would also ask you to see it for what it is....very good shooting, and highly edited video. I watched the Olympic games, and have watched numersous FITA rounds. If they could shaft an arrow like that every time, bust eggs at 70m every time, and hit soy beans, then they would certainly NEVER have missed that big 10 ring in the Olympic games at 70m. Again, I can't take anything away from the prowess of the Korean archers, but that video is highly edited. Not technologically edited, but they took shot after shot after shot to hit those objects, and never showed us the many misses. I watched our own Vic Wunderle defeat one of the worlds best Korean archers. If they could shoot on command like they are shooting in that video, they would never be beaten. Sorry, but the video is edited bunk, with some very good shooting in it.

· Registered
3,190 Posts
I SAID IT, and don't have to prove sqaut. Use a little common sense. No one on this Earth will bust an egg at 70 meters with a recurve bow on command, the first shot, and use skill to do it, or shaft an arrow at 30m, or bust a soy bean, etc. That shooting was massively editted, whether I can do it or not. I'm not a hater. I love everyone, but I would also ask you to see it for what it is....very good shooting, and highly edited video. I watched the Olympic games, and have watched numersous FITA rounds. If they could shaft an arrow like that every time, bust eggs at 70m every time, and hit soy beans, then they would certainly NEVER have missed that big 10 ring in the Olympic games at 70m. Again, I can't take anything away from the prowess of the Korean archers, but that video is highly edited. Not technologically edited, but they took shot after shot after shot to hit those objects, and never showed us the many misses. I watched our own Vic Wunderle defeat one of the worlds best Korean archers. If they could shoot on command like they are shooting in that video, they would never be beaten. Sorry, but the video is edited bunk, with some very good shooting in it.
All I have to say is you are so wrong. I cant believe that anybody could be so wrong. That is not a soy bean.:59:

· Registered
580 Posts
Is that guy shooting without a peep?

· Born To Hunt
6,149 Posts
Fletches

The arrows are fletched with some funky fletching, they sure spin quick, as seen in the slow motion shot towards the end.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.