Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get a 4-6 arrow kwikee quiver for 20-26 bucks.

I can get a 6 arrow moongoose PSE for 23 bucks

((Going on a Martin Bow)).

Any reason PSE would be better than Kwikee,

Do you find 4 arrow or 6 arrow to be better for deer hunting.

appreicate your alls help!

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I think the quikee is better
it is easier to find extra brackets to mount on treestands or whatever
it holds fairly solid and is durable
it holds the arrows securely
it does not have foam to dull the blades
granted the tip of the broadhead has to go in the rubber part, but if you shoot a muzzy/wasp/slicktrick style broadhead, it works well
it might not work as well for a mechanical or a two blade style head liek a magnus.

·
Registered
642 Posts
The pse is better, I like the quick detach lever on it. Also the kwikee is loud if you hit the quiver when its on the bow it makes a loud vibration like a tuning fork because of the metal bracket.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I prefer 6
it is better to have them then to not, and both quivers are designed to be removed when you shoot, so weight is not really an issue.

There are many foreseeable reasons to carry more than 4 arrows.
Just because you might not get four shots, you might still need more than four arrows.

If you drop an arrow out of a tree
if you are going far in the woods
if you are going on a trip, say for elk boar, or bear
one of your fletches gets ripped off.

if you are going for an entire weekend, you can take 1 full quiver rather than a four arrow quiver and a case for extra arrows

It would be pretty disappointing to put a lot of time and money into a hunt, and end up not having enough arrows.

plus you don't have to put all six arrows in the quiver
the difference in weight between an empty 4 arrow quiver and an empty 6 arrow quiver is not substantial. If you are that affected by the weight, you probably don't shoot with an arrow on anyway.

the new quickees don't make much noise, they have a thumbsrew to tighten down, and they also have a quick release button. plus you can put sims products on them.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Personally, I like the Bohning Lynx 4 arrow quiver. Low profile, relatively light, and solid. The dual retainers prevent arrows from shifting and keep them quiet. I bought a spare bracket (you can with kwikee too) and mounted it to my climber, so when i get on stand the quiver comes off and gets mounted within easy reach. I own a kwikee also, but I prefer the Bohning.

·
Registered
827 Posts
go with the pse quiver. i have both. the lever locks in solid and with or without the quiver on the bow, it doesnt make a sound. the bracket for kwikee seems to twang a bit at the shot. i took that kwikee bracket off yesterday while shooting and the twang went away.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I like the Kwikee 4 arrow quiver. Haven't noticed any problems with it and it holds the arrows tight. 4 arrows should be plenty to take into the woods. I have a hard sided bow case with arrow holder in the lid. You can carry plenty of extra arrows in the bow case and it protects your bow much better than a soft sided case. I have a PSE quiver on a PSE bow also and I like it too. I don't think you'll go wrong with either one. It's not that big of an investment and I think you'll be happy with either one.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
put it this way, yes you only get 1 good shot at a deer

but if you hit a monster buck and he runs 20 feet and stops, you're going to shoot again. If something like that happens, you could easily run down on arrows. I had a situation last year where I shot a deer once and broke its shoulder, it ran and stopped, I got two more shots at it. I probably didn't need to take them, but if you have them what does it hurt? if it's a trophy buck and I have a good hit on it, I'm going to shoot again. This is very possible in the rut. Sometimes a buck is so intent on chasing a doe, that he will continue to follow her even after he has been hit.

I don't see why it is such an inconvenience to carry 6 arrows rather than 4
I also don't see why it is a bad thing to have a quiver that is capable of carrying 6 arrows when you can just put 4 in it.
most guys hunt with a 20 pound treestand on their back, why complain about the weight of two extra arrows?
If the reason is that you hike 5 miles back in the woods... all the more reasons to carry extra arrows, less of a trip back to the truck.
If you don't hunt deep in the woods, then carrying the extra arrows a short distance is not a big deal.

i'm going to start a poll on this, probably going to be in the minority, but I'm interested.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
I agree with strutstopper. The Bohning Lynx 4 arrow is a great quiver. Personally I think it is an improvement on the kwikee. I like the two point holding system on the arrows. I shoot a hoyt cybertec and always had the two piece model on it. I wanted something that I could take off on stand. The bohning did the trick and it is quite as can be which is important to me. They also give you two holders, one for cxarbon and one for alum. I picked mine up at Cabelia's for arond $25.00

·
Registered
71 Posts
go with the PSE it can hold carbon or alum. the one thing bad about it might be how short it is,,as i have not looked at other quiver it mihgt just be me,,but u cant go wrong with it

·
Registered
808 Posts
In this price range, go with the Bohning Lynx. 6 arrows, carbon and aluminum inserts, quiet, with 2 holders so that it will hold mecks or blunts securely.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.