Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the Kwikee Kompound Quiver (6 arrow quiver) do any damage to machanical broadheads? They seem to fit in there ok but not sure if I need a special adapter or not.

·
Registered
830 Posts
You are better off buying the 4 arrow mechanical it holds the arrow in 2 places and does not need the tip to hold the arrow in place.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
arrowhawk said:
You are better off buying the 4 arrow mechanical it holds the arrow in 2 places and does not need the tip to hold the arrow in place.
This is the one I was referring to Denny in the pm I sent you......I have this one and it works well...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Depending on what type of mechanical you're shooting, the 6-arrow quiver may cause the blades to open slightly and/or roll back the o-ring. If the tip is touching the quiver, and the blades do not touch anything, then you will probably be okay.

I have used the 6-arrow version with Spitfires and didn't really have a problem other than having to make sure the blades were fully closed before nocking an arrow.

The best solution is a quiver that holds the shaft in two places, such as the Kwikee "Combo" quiver. The Kwikee Combo quiver is designed to hold carbon or aluminum arrows (no gripper change is required), and it works for both standard and mechanical broadheads

·
Registered
441 Posts
I went to the Kwikee Combo like Treejumper and arrowhawk are talking about.They work fine w/ mechanicals or fixed

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
I also use a Kwikee Combo 4 on one of my set-ups and I like the quiver. It holds mech heads great and is a lower profile, lighter weight quiver. It is certainly a good choice.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I use the plain old 6 arrow Kwikee with my carbons and Steelhead 100's, and haven't had any problems... I like a 6 banger, because I carry 4 broadhead tipped arrows, and 2 judo pointed ones... Every now and then, I have to make sure my arrows are in there securely, but this set-up hasn't caused any problems with my blades opening up... I should mention that I mostly hunt from a treestand, and take my quiver off my bow as soon as I get in the tree, though...

- georgestrings

·
Registered
628 Posts
Went to Cabela's today and took your recommendation and bought a 4 arrow mech. Kwikee....... so far so good. I like it better than my old one because it seems to hold the arrows much more securely. Not to mention that I was always afraid to simply ram my fixed blade heads against the plastic all of the time... dulling them.... In my eyes, this is a logical choice for both fixed and mechanical.

PS: Picked up a new ol' man multi vision too.

Dick Cabela and I should be friends with all the cash I drop in his back pocket every season. ;)

Siefrj

1 - 8 of 8 Posts