Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How bout ya ky bowhunters. Share your opening weekend success stories. I've only seen a couple o lil bucks & a fee does. No shooters YET.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel ya in the bugs (skeeters ). I went and bought a thermacell yesterday.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Passed a small velvet 4 point opening morning. Didnt even hunt the evening (too hot). Yesterday morning I got to the stand to find that all five pins in my armortech sight were mangled beyond repair from getting caught on my pack during the walk in to the stand. I'll be back down in two weeks.

·
Registered
523 Posts
passed 2 does up yesterday morning..cant go today..its like a monsoon here now

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went out opening day here on Fort Knox. Had a young buck and a doe hanging out behind me in the blind. Straight ahead I had a buck grunting at my doe call but never moved in close enough. On the drive back home ran into a flock of 6 turkeys (all hens) and a six pointer that took off into the woods as I started driving down the hill towards him. Hoping to get out there again this Friday through Sunday. Maybe more if I can sneak away from work.

·
Banned
2,248 Posts
It has been to hot for me to get out, and I was going to go this morning but It is pouring the rain. I will make it out sooner or later.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I had a shooter bugger out on me yesterday evening. Also saw two small bucks and a doe and about 10 turkeys. Rain and work is going to keep me in Thursday then I'll be back at it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts