Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering how good the hunting normally is during the 2nd muzzleloader season (Dec.) in KY? Specifically zone 1. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
TTT

I am already in a lease in western KY, but I have never hunted the muzzle loader season.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Depends on what late season food sources are in the area you will be hunting. Remember that bow season will have been open for 3 1/2 months, an early 2 day muzzleloader weekend, a 2 day rifle youth weekend, a 16 day "if it is brown-it is down" firearm season will have transpired prior to your hunt. Not to mention a fall turkey season, small game and **** hunting.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I hun in Christian co and Dec is kinda like early Oct.Not much activity.You may see a few bucks still looking.Most bucks in the farm land will walk the downwind sides of small woodlots and fencerows scent checking for does.I think you will find most locals have hilled out and not much pressure.But still the big ones holed up in the thick stuff or the out of the way places.

If your on a good lease in west Ky and have the patience to wait for a good one you will be tagged out by then.Dont do what some of the first time boys from Georgia and Florida do and shoot the first 110 in 8 pointer that comes by.

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts