Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how everyones season here in KY is going so far?
Kinda slow for me, I dont have a good morning spot so I only got to hunt Sat. & Sun. afternoons..Didnt see anything Sat. though my buddy saw 5 bucks " I managed to spook them out from under his stand with a grunt call before he got a shot off, we were about 65 yards away from each other but I couldnt see them".
Sunday afternoon I was watching a little 4 point and a hog 7 point, yes I said a hog 7 point, gotta be one of the best 7 pointers I've ever seen, not sure what he'll score as a 7 but if he was an 8 point he'd go well over 130", around here thats a good deer. They were about 75 yards away and heading down the hill towards me to feed when a bunch of young punks came down the back road we were hunting beside and parked to have a big gang fight or some crap...About 20 of them all together screaming and cussing, we ran them off before stuff got out of hand but the hunting was ruined for the day.
I'm leaving for Colorado in a couple of hours so I wont get to hunt any this week but maybe sometime next week I can get back in the stand a little bit and stick something.

·
Registered
133 Posts
We had a pretty good weekend in Owen county. 3 of us were hunting the farm and saw a total of 16 bucks and several does. Some of the bucks were probably the same deer. One guy saw 3 bucks running together and said they were all 140 class or better. I saw a couple of 8 pointers, 1 was about a 120 class and the other just slightly smaller. We only harvested one doe for the weekend.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Pretty good weekend for us in Webster County. Harvested a couple does, and saw some bucks, but they were all two and a half, so none were harvested. Got off to a good start. Im pretty anxious for late October myself...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts