Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
www.kyseniorgames

Kentucky will hold a 900 FITA round qualifier for next years national senior games.
Saturday, August 18th. at Cove Spring archery park @ 100 Cedar Cove Rd. Frankfort Ky. @ 10:00 A.M.
Everyone is welcome to shoot. +50 years and up will qualify for the nationals.
contact me for more info.

·
Not there yet
1,110 Posts
For the national senior games, the American 900 round (yards) is used. A FITA 900 round would be in meters.

·
Registered
19,039 Posts
MN. Senior Qualifier is August 16 at Mankato, MN.
WI. Senior Qualifier is Sept. 8 at Beloit,WI.
For those in the north that KY is too far to travel.
The Senior Olympics will be held in Albuquerque, NM in 2019 & you have to shoot at a qualifier this year to be able to shoot at the Nationals. It is a lot of fun & you shoot with you peior ages 50/54, 55/59,60/64, 65/69. 70/74, etc. last year I believe there was a fellow that was 94 that shot.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The people running KY senior games, ask every year how to get the numbers up. I told them to open them up to every one, age and out of state, and advertise, advertise, & advertise. They are starting to come around a little.
The shoot is held at the Cove Spring Archery park in Frankfort, KY. They have a covered shooting line, and you are not in the sun or weather while shooting. No concessions, but great viewing. Short walk from parking area.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
For the national senior games, the American 900 round (yards) is used. A FITA 900 round would be in meters.
In AZ, it was very confusing when I first moved here. They shoot the 900 in yards and sometimes in meters. Never now which until ask or shoot your first practice arrow. At both events, the FITA rule of marking holes and taking lowest unmarked hole is followed. I spent 45 years prior in a state where if a NFAA 900 was scheduled, it was in yds and you did not mark holes. Bounce out and pass throughs were shot at the ed of the round as make up arrow.

FITA 900 rounds were shot in meters and holes were marked so any shoot throughs or bounce out were scored by lowest unmarked hole Of course as anywhere, when I tried to explain that a NFAA 900 round does not require marking holes, I was told that this is the way it has always been done and is the same as everywhere else. By the way, I have shot 900 rounds in yards at Oregon also and we did not mark our holes. Just for the heck of it, how many of you shoot the 900 round in yards as a NFAA round and mark your holes besides AZ?

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Sorry. My fingers are too big and I don't always hit all of the keys like I did with a decent typewriter.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
KY shoots Yds. as a American round.
The National senior games shoots Yds., and they don't mark holes, but they do shoot A-B, B-A line.
I used to be the DS for 4 shoots, till Tim replaced me with one of his Florida buddies.

·
Registered
19,039 Posts
WI. runs a open 900 round for all the youngsters at the same time as the Seniors shoot the qualifier round. That has helped increase the attendance. After the shoot the club sponsors a lunch for $5.00, while they figure out the winners in each division.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the great turn out, Had 27 shooters Saturday
The weather cooperated.
See every one in Albaquere next year.

·
Registered
11,967 Posts
Indiana is September 9th at Noblesville, Indiana, Koteewi archery park. Great facility.

I don't know if the registration deadline has passed or not. Check the web site for info.

·
Registered
19,039 Posts
Is there any place to check the results from the KY. qualifier? Thanks

·
Registered
19,039 Posts
Is there any place to check the results from the KY. qualifier? Thanks
I just checked & last year WI. senior qualifier we had 36 seniors & 18 younger shooters that shoot the 900 at the same time we do.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
check KY senior games
I don't know if Frank published them there or not.
He sent each competitor a list, I don't know how to post it.

·
Registered
11,589 Posts
Kballer-thank you for the help & information you provided. I am registered to shoot the Beloit, Ws. qualifier Sept. 8th. Without this my shooting the National seniors in New Mexico would not have been able. I had a major surgery end of Jan. & this will be my 1st tournament of the year. It comes at a great time as I just mailed my registration for the NFAA Target Nationals in Yankton, S.D. too.

·
Registered
19,039 Posts
Sept. 8 WI. Senior games had 38 Seniors & 23 younger for total 61 shooters. Had shooters from WI., IL., IN., & IA.
Oldest shooting group was 80/84. Beautiful sunny day 75 degrees breeze SW 15+ while shooting but perfectly calm
while scoring.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It appears that shoots like the 900 round and field shoots are on the decline anywhere BELOW the Mason-Dixon line. Just my opinion though.
KY is down to just 2 field ranges, only had 4 shooters for state championship.
KY senior games was the only 900 round. Home club ( Chickasaw ) had weekly 900 rounds, actually " 450" rounds, with only 4-6 shooters each week.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts