Archery Talk Forum banner

Which Boots would you recommend for cold weather?

• Lacrosse Alpha Burly

Votes: 62 47.0%
  • Muck cold weather

Votes: 70 53.0%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy a knew pair of cold weather neoprene boots for late season. I have a pair of Lacrosse but they're uninsulated but very very comfortable. I have had them for two years now. They don't leak but i want to hear what others say about them and the Muck boots for cold weather.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i cant believe i waited as long as i did to buy myself a pair of much boots, i think they are really comfortable and warm. not to mention the obvious, waterproof

·
Registered
7,807 Posts
I have both. Actually not the cold weather Mucks. Regular.

For cold weather here in N.E. Wisconsin.... yea.... pretty dang cold. LOL
I have a pair of the 1200 gram Burleys. I have also LaCrosse's socks that are a blend.

Best of all....... Grabber Brand chemical activated stick-on toe warmers.
AWESOME.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have both. Actually not the cold weather Mucks. Regular.

For cold weather here in N.E. Wisconsin.... yea.... pretty dang cold. LOL
I have a pair of the 1200 gram Burleys. I have also LaCrosse's socks that are a blend.

Best of all....... Grabber Brand chemical activated stick-on toe warmers.
AWESOME.
Well i know you guys have some brutal winters so your opinion is one i will really consider. Thanks so far guys. I do love my Lacrosse boots.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
a1hoyt.ca

I voted the Lacrosse Alpha Burelys. They were my 2nd choice for a cold weather boot I actually bought the Whites Elk Guide boots They are far better then either of these boots mentioned here. One of the big pluses is that you can replace the sole of the boot if you run them down for around $60.00 Dollars. You can pick either Steel toe or non steal toe Colors are offered in Black & Grey or Dark Brown & Light Brown.

www.Whites boots.com

·
Registered
63 Posts
Muck boot

I voted muck boots because of where I hunt.I hunt swamp land,It is the warmest boot I have found that will keep me dry up to my knees.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have muck, We have a butcher truck and Im out in the cold and wet three day a week they keep me dry and warm.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I have 3 pairs of Lacrosses Alpha's up to 1500 grams and this year bought the Muck woody Max because of all the rave reviews. I simply had to try them.

I really like my Alpha's and have been a loyal user for many years, but after wearing the Muck Woody Max this year. My Alpha's just sit in the closet.

The Mucks are the most comfortable rubber boot I have ever worn.

They are lighter, more comfortable and yes WARMER than my Alpha 1500 gram boots.

If I had to pick just one boot it would be the Muck Woody Max hands down, and this is from a guy that has worn nothing but Lacrosse for many many years.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have 3 pairs of Lacrosses Alpha's up to 1500 grams and this year bought the Muck woody Max because of all the rave reviews. I simply had to try them.

I really like my Alpha's and have been a loyal user for many years, but after wearing the Muck Woody Max this year. My Alpha's just sit in the closet.

The Mucks are the most comfortable rubber boot I have ever worn.

They are lighter, more comfortable and yes WARMER than my Alpha 1500 gram boots.

If I had to pick just one boot it would be the Muck Woody Max hands down, and this is from a guy that has worn nothing but Lacrosse for many many years.
Man thats a pretty strong post towards Muck boots. Did u buy one size bigger than you normally wear. Did you just wear thin socks or one pair of heavy socks? I really do like my Lacrosse light boots and wil use them for early season but need a pair for the late season.

·
Registered
347 Posts
i have wore my alphaburly's 3 times so far. so far i think they are great for cold weather but i think they lack traction.

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
Both are very good boots , can't go wrong with either

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Mucks woody max super comfortable can walk and walk no problem last week I was out for 9 hrs still hunting and in ladder stand in 10 deg 4 deg with wind chill my feet nice and warm with Covert cold weather socks (search in classifieds good sock)

·
Registered
63 Posts
After the lacross commercial with the hunter jumping down and saying ''boo'' to a dying deer that he just shot. I'll never but a lacross product again. total disrespect.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Whats the different between the Elite Neoprene and the Max cold Mucks?

·
Registered
969 Posts
muck

went from alpha burleys to muck woody max, if these mucks hold up i would never buy another pair of lacrosse.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I want to buy a knew pair of cold weather neoprene boots for late season. I have a pair of Lacrosse but they're uninsulated but very very comfortable. I have had them for two years now. They don't leak but i want to hear what others say about them and the Muck boots for cold weather.
i wear straight up rubber boots with wool socks. im rarely cold.

·
Registered
699 Posts
u freeze in La's

1 - 20 of 37 Posts