Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im putting together my new ladder stand and was wondering, will griptape that they use on skateboards work to apply to the tops of my steps on the ladders for extra grip???

is there something else out there made for this?

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
I have thought about that myself. The Rivers Edge stand I bought had some on every rung but it has come off of a few. I would like to replace it.

Either way, make sure to have 3 points of contact on the ladder at all times. I also like to put some screw in steps along the sides of the tree above the seat. They are great to hang onto when climbing in to the stand and then for hanging things on once I am settled in.

·
Site Administrator
43,286 Posts
Im putting together my new ladder stand and was wondering, will griptape that they use on skateboards work to apply to the tops of my steps on the ladders for extra grip???

is there something else out there made for this?
Sounds like a good idea.......I think you could find something simular at the hardware store too!

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Id hate to use gorrila glue on my new stand, because eventually the griptape wears off, Im gonna find a local skate shop dealer and pick some up.

·
Trophy Meat Hunter
11,248 Posts
Id hate to use gorrila glue on my new stand, because eventually the griptape wears off, Im gonna find a local skate shop dealer and pick some up.
I got the self-stick stuff at the local hardware store. Just peel the paper backing off and stick it on the ladder rungs.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I went out and bought a roll of 1" wide velcro with taped backside, and used cut lengths of the rough or hooked side to tape to my climbing stick steps. It has held up for 3 seasons so far and gives very good traction in rain or icey conditions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts