Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
8,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a question for the ladies and maybe husband's here can help as well.

We all know more ladies are getting into hunting and a problem exist with getting them properly fitted camo to hunt in.

I have what I think would be a good suggestion for some of the companies out there as I know many stores at the moment hesitate to order a full line of ladies camo or when they do - don't carry that big a variety.

Here is my thoughts that might help get things started.

We all know Tiffany is wearing name brand camo but for a lady to get it in most cases it has to be ordered. Now this is where I need input, what if in Tiffany's case we had a display with Tiffany (cut-out guys...) next to some sizes of the camo for ladies to try on...and then they could at least KNOW what size to order?

I guess what I'm saying is (after asking my wife) we know how women are on their clothes and guys if we are honest (especially when it comes to hunting gear) we are concerned with fit for several reasons. Me for comfort, shooting ability, layering ability, function (pockets) etc. But we have tons to choose from right there in the store. I just think if the ladies had let's say a small, medium, large etc. in their style pants and shirts to try on in the store at let's say a Tiffany display (ScentLoc) then the ladies would know if they ordered the right size or not?

Ladies, I know this is not the best situation in the world but till we get it on the shelves would this help?

Guys, ask your hunting wives and post here as someone could be listening.

· Keep Calm Have A Dram
2,363 Posts
Its a pain in the arse. Obviously they cater more for men instead of women, a mans world :rolleyes:

If I could find a place that could offer me ladies hunting clothing at the same price as mens, i'd be laughing.

· aka former "treeslayer"
7,533 Posts
Anything would help based on what they have now.

The biggest problem is they only have clothing for the perfect size 2, instead of being realistic about the majority of what america looks like.
They have been going on and on for the last 20 years about how obese america is but getting larger size clothing can really be a pain for men or women.

I know there is one AT'er starting a clothing line that is supposed to be addressing this problem as well.

· Registered
2,124 Posts
I don't have a problem with the guy's stuff. So I wouldn't switch if I could. I have everything I need + extra stuff. I've never had a problem with stuff not fitting...with all the boys' line there is a pretty good selection. If there is a problem I would just alter them a little. I have more of a problem with boots. The boys or womens just don't seem as warm. I am there to hunt not to look a certain way. Whatever is done it would be nice if the prices were compairable to the guys' clothing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.