Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every year I get more and more obsessed about bowhunting (whitetail). I have hunted gun for many, many years, bowhunting just a few years, but every year I am more obsessed. My boyfriend rolls his eyes when I start talking about deer hunting. He hunts, in fact he is the one that encouraged me to get a bow, but he has been doing it a long time and he has spent less time hunting the past few years than before.

I want to be a better hunter, not just a casual hunt from convenient places. I am wanting to check out some public lands because our available private lands has shrunk lately. This has led me to be interested in ground hunting, because you can't put up stands on the public land, and I'm not comfortable with the idea of a climber. I just ordered a 3D leafy suit and hat! I am looking at my bow setup, need to increase my arrow momentum.

I'm voraciously reading everything on this site, watching videos, and would like nothing more than to talk about it non-stop.

I'm not sure the point of this post except I guess I want to share my enthusiasm. I don't know any other female bowhunters.

Can I get a :dancing: instead of an :rolleyes: here at least? lol.

·
Registered
222 Posts
LOL Hi, fellow bowhunting obsessed lady here as well. Except I am obsessed with elk. The bugling bulls haunt my dreams. I don't think there is a cure, and I really don't want to be cured. :rock-on:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I watched a lady elk hunting video the other day, it came right by her within a few yards. She was standing by a tree and it kind of spooked a little when it came right along side the tree but it didn't go far and it stopped and she took the shot. Of course there is the camera guy whispering to her, "don't move" because he could see it coming and she couldn't. It amazes me that the animals don't hear the whispers?

We don't have elk here, so it's deer because they are everywhere.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm not obsessed (yet) with hunting, but it has very much been part of my intentions since I started archery. I shoot traditional, so getting comfortable with a >40# draw weight was important to me (I regularly shoot a 41# Bear Alaskan longbow now. We're about to move into the mountains, and I have every intention of taking small game when the opportunity presents itself.

I am quite obsessed with archery itself - I started in December, and I've got a collection of nearly 20 bows already. I buy, refurbish, and flip them regularly...I haven't lost money on a bow yet. I absolutely love the sport, and get out to the range as often as possible. I can't wait to get up to our new cabin where my wife and I can step outside our door and shoot at a wide range of targets...as well as hone our hunting skills :-D

·
Premium Member
8,100 Posts
:RockOn: Welcome to the craziness haha I have been gone for awhile:zip: but i love archery too, had a shoulder injury that put me out for a bit but I am focused on hunting again this year!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to the hobby! I've been away from AT for a bit but now I'm back! This is a great place to get info and ask questions about the sport. I enjoy 3-D shooting the most but hunting is a necessity! I have to hang out in a tree stand every year to keep my sanity. I hope you do well and reach your archery goals!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts