Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well all I can say it was tough getting into bow range.

Sunday night we hunted up north of Florence marina and seen a hundered gators, the only problem was that they were only about 1 foot long.
Went to Patuala creek monday night and say a few gators but could not get into bow range.
Back up river tuesday night, saw more big ones this time and finally got a muzzy gator getter into this little lizard at about 2am. Once we got done doing the high 5's and got everything put away we found the float picked it up and started pulling him in, , he got up under some grass on the bank and we just started pulling, the Muzzy tip held and the cord didn't break. Just for a little insurance Scott stuck a harpoon into his side and to make sure it wouldnt come out he broke the tip of the harpoon rod off in the gator as well.
7'6"OAL

Got him skinned out and cut up by 4am and went back out to try and get one for Scott (on left) and around 6:30 I thought we found one that was gonna let us sink another arrow into him but he just wouldnt let us get close enough. So we'll be going back in a few weeks to get another one.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Awsome story that looks like alot of fun to bad we don't have those babies here in Minnesota I could get into that.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
skin is salted down and rolled up, I'll be taking to the tannery next week to get tanned

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Thats what i like about fishing Eufaula.You dont have to worry about jet skiers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts