Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of SBK cases, but non of them really seem to have all the features I want, I have a parallel limb hard case, but that really does not have room for all my stuff, and then the hybrid soft/hard case and even though that has a pocket on the outside, it really needs more storage, so I am looking at the two. I think for the price I am going to go with the Legend as i have no need for a case for flying / shipping. but I want a durable case for travelling (in a car/truck).

So what are people's thoughts?

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
I was using the SKB hybrid case for a short time, and really can't say i liked it for its bulkiness and lack of storage.

I just bought a Legend Superline 44, and i think it has plenty of storage. It has one very large, deep pocket on the outside for arrows, quiver, etc. My Easton Field Quiver fits well in it fully loaded (BowPod, rangefinder, release pouch and 12 fat target arrows) with room to spare for other things. The smaller pocket above it is rather large, and long enough to fit a 28+ inch stabilizer along with smaller items (the one in the pic below is 22 inches; so it can definitely fit a longer one.)

Inside the case are two large mesh pockets that are the size of the entire inside of the front flap of the case. On the other side are some smaller pouches for tools or other smaller items.

I pack a separate tool bag, so i doubt of every need all the space it has to offer.

Some pics:

This case is very well made, and is a steal at the price. I'm sorry i didn't find them earlier and waste my money on the SKB.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
I have 2 legend cases. They are great cases and look great on top of that. They get my vote.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,301 Posts
If I didn't leave my wallet in the car, I would have a legend case on it's way. Benoit case will be ordered around 4:00 :)

·
Registered
11,301 Posts
As promised case is ordered :) Can't wait for it to arrive.

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
I like the Lakewood case,as we can carry them in the truck. Then we have a rack on the utvs that we carry them in the field. Don't take up any bed space. Rack folds up when not in use. Legend looks ok, just not a versatile.

·
Registered
11,945 Posts
my wife and i used to have lakewood cases, they were so bulky, we sold them. the legend cases look awesome, i just wish they were a little wider, i would have gotten one last week if they were.

·
Registered
492 Posts
my wife and i used to have lakewood cases, they were so bulky, we sold them. the legend cases look awesome, i just wish they were a little wider, i would have gotten one last week if they were.
we always want to learn more about our customers' needs.
can you explain how wide you want your case and why ?

thank you

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have Lakewood's Bowfile and Legend's double case. They really aren't comparable. The Bowfile is what I use when I fly and used when I'll be throwing it in the back of a truck. It's a lot more protective and durable.

I'm still trying to figure out the double 2, my BTX just doesn't want to fit in it. Only one side of the case has straps and cam protectors; and the otherside, you just throw in the bow. It's a nice case and well made, I just have to figure out the fit of it. My biggest dislike about the Legend case is that I paid $150 to be a walking billboard. I feel they should be paying me to advertise for their company.

·
ONE DAY AT A TIME
4,223 Posts
I have Lakewood's Bowfile and Legend's double case. They really aren't comparable. The Bowfile is what I use when I fly and used when I'll be throwing it in the back of a truck. It's a lot more protective and durable.

I'm still trying to figure out the double 2, my BTX just doesn't want to fit in it. Only one side of the case has straps and cam protectors; and the otherside, you just throw in the bow. It's a nice case and well made, I just have to figure out the fit of it. My biggest dislike about the Legend case is that I paid $150 to be a walking billboard. I feel they should be paying me to advertise for their company.
I have a BT-X as well and it fits with no problems in the double 2. I don't even use outside pocket with the Velcro straps. I use the middle portion with just the cam pads and it doesn't move. Just the other day I had my BT-X and my friends carbon spyder 34 with no issues. Don't know why you say it doesn't fit. Why buy it if you feel like a walking billboard? There are pics of the bag on the site. If you don't like it that is fine but don't say something doesn't fit when it does with room to spare. For the money you will not find a better quality soft case for two bows. It wasn't meant to be airline proof. That's why I have a Mil Spec SBK double bow for airline travel.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have a BT-X as well and it fits with no problems in the double 2. I don't even use outside pocket with the Velcro straps. I use the middle portion with just the cam pads and it doesn't move. Just the other day I had my BT-X and my friends carbon spyder 34 with no issues. Don't know why you say it doesn't fit. Why buy it if you feel like a walking billboard? There are pics of the bag on the site. If you don't like it that is fine but don't say something doesn't fit when it does with room to spare. For the money you will not find a better quality soft case for two bows. It wasn't meant to be airline proof. That's why I have a Mil Spec SBK double bow for airline travel.
Sounds like my bow is bigger than yours and I detect a little bit of bow envy; paging Dr Freud!

·
Registered
11,301 Posts
Just ordered the single superline case. Brand new Athens Ace is sitting on top of my SKB case as I hate it :)

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
I asked for pics with bow in the case, but have not seen any yet. But if you have one post up pics with them in there. Just looked at pics above and I thought this case had wheels, that is the one that interest me.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I have legends "nock on" case and I love it! It has more pockets than I could ever use I think. And I love how I can make everything fit like my quiver and belt and everything in it so when I head to my shoots I only have one thing to carry. Weight is also key as its only a fraction of the weight my flambeau hard case was.

The only complaint for me is it does not come with the cam protector pads like the rest of the legend line. I would love to get my hands on a set.

Should my current case fail or something happen to it I won't be hesitating in ordering another legend case to replace it!

·
ONE DAY AT A TIME
4,223 Posts
Sounds like my bow is bigger than yours and I detect a little bit of bow envy; paging Dr Freud!
Sounds like you've been lying to your wife. It's the same bow. I'll get pics up tomorrow. I am working a 24 shift at the firehouse today. I'll write up a step by step instruction sheet for you to make it easier. :doh:

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, after a few reviews and features of the cases, I order the legend Archery Superline case (in green black of course!!). It should be arriving tomorrow, UI think I will be happy, but will post a review once I get it and go through the features.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts