Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If we hold it who would come???
Because of the interest shown during our scheduled 'Penn Dutch' field shoot we are thinking of holding a 'Field Shoot Weekend'. We are getting tired of holding so many 3-D shoots to raise money for the club that we thought we would try something else. Not sure what we will do for the highest scores for each class but just want to see if there is any interest before we plan this thing out. Of course we will schedule around all the larger local 'Field' events in our general area.
Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
Depending on the week end. I heard a lot of good about the range from guys who came to the Penn Dutch shoot, and they all complimented how nice of a range it was.

Maybe us southern guys can get a nice little contingent together, and come up.
But the date would be the biggest factor. Schedule it after the Hillbilly, and I should be free unless it falls on Jen's week end to work.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Depanding on the weekend I would like to give that course another shot this year. I would love to see more of the clubs in the area holding more field shoots after June. If I rember the schedule right most are done by the end of May, unless there are some that I am unaware of.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
With Nationals being out on the other coast this year, I wouldn't mind another field tournament a little closer to home. Like others have already stated, it would depend on the weekend.

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
I'm sure if you pick the right weekend people will come.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
I'd surely like to come. Is it near Lancaster, PA?

I'm pretty sure I can plan a business trip to Baltimore over a weekend :)

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
If I'm not shooting elsewhere, I'd definately make the trip north. BG, how many can do the day before crash???

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
If I'm not shooting elsewhere, I'd definately make the trip north. BG, how many can do the day before crash???
In the best interest towards the promotion of this game, I think maybe we should plan on shooting this one rather than our typical local shoots. Field is alive, and well in MD, and I do not think that a poor turn out one Sunday at any of the MD clubs is going to hurt the field archery scene in the great state of MD. But a big turn out at a club in PA that typically has no real field scene through out the summer could be a huge bump for the game we all love. If they get a big turn out for this shoots other clubs in the area will likely take note, and maybe try to schedule other field shoots for the folks in the area. This could be the match that lights the fire up there.

I'd have to check with my cuz. to see how much floor space he is willing to share with us. I don't want to offer his house up to a bunch of people with out his permission. I know he'll let me, Jen, and Hornet crash for sure, but I'll talk to him once they get dates figured out, and see how many people he would be willing to hook up that day.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Archerpap,
What in the world is your avatar supposed to be???

Been trying to figure out why you're using a gerbil being hugged by a rescue diver....:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Archerpap,
What in the world is your avatar supposed to be???

Been trying to figure out why you're using a gerbil being hugged by a rescue diver....:ROFLMAO:
How about a burnout on the Ducati!!!!!!! Seeing your from MD, I'll let it slide this time. Don't want to pick on the locally challanged to much...LMAO!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
We could get you there too. Clyde lives about 20 minutes from there, we could all crash at his place the night before so we don't have to drive hours in the morning to get there.
:thumb: sounds like a plan

In the best interest towards the promotion of this game, I think maybe we should plan on shooting this one rather than our typical local shoots. Field is alive, and well in MD, and I do not think that a poor turn out one Sunday at any of the MD clubs is going to hurt the field archery scene in the great state of MD. But a big turn out at a club in PA that typically has no real field scene through out the summer could be a huge bump for the game we all love. If they get a big turn out for this shoots other clubs in the area will likely take note, and maybe try to schedule other field shoots for the folks in the area. This could be the match that lights the fire up there.
/QUOTE]

and I agree 1,000,000%

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
Holy &^$#.. write this date down in history.. Hornet just agreed with Bowgod 1,000,000% :ROFLMAO:
no need to write the date down because I agree....write it down because he was right :D

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
no need to write the date down because I agree....write it down because he was right :D
LOL.. the planets must be in alignment or something for the two of you to agree on something... maybe we should bring up hunting ethics tonight and see what kind of resolution we can come to.....:darkbeer:

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
LOL.. the planets must be in alignment or something for the two of you to agree on something... maybe we should bring up hunting ethics tonight and see what kind of resolution we can come to.....:darkbeer:
that will get you banned.....or even worse....the field forum will vanish for you.....you will know it's there but you won't be able to see it :eek:

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
Holy &^$#.. write this date down in history.. Hornet just agreed with Bowgod 1,000,000% :ROFLMAO:
We agree more often than not, we just argue for the sake of arguing. Mostly during indoor season when we're both bored out of our gore, and just looking to kill some time.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts