Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Hoyt RX-1 Turbo with #2 cams off here. It's bare bow. I am capable of doing a few small things to piece it together and get it shooting, but I have a new baby and a busy job so I just don't have the time to mess around with it. Archery shops are few and far between in my area plus my old Hoyt dealer who set up my previous bows went out of business. So, Ive been thinking about taking a trip down to Lancaster Archery in PA since it's such a huge, well established store. My question is, does anyone have experience with having them set your rig up and how much they charge you to set it up. I plan on buying a MBG sight and a few other things from them while I'm there, so since I'm buying some things from them do they set it up for free? Any advice on previous experience with them would be helpful.

· Registered
661 Posts
Yes, they have some very good techs and willing to take the extra time to ensure things are set up good. Go sooner than later and plan on spending the day if needed. They can be extremely busy, especially mid summer to fall. Prices, ive never paid attention to. But, im sure they are fair to you and it has been well worth it for me.

· Registered
5,986 Posts
They may mount the accessories you buy there for free but I would not even expect them to do any other tuning/adjusting on a bow bought elsewhere without paying their time and labor. They have good staff but expect to spend some time there waiting for help as they are extremely busy at times.

· Registered
81 Posts
great techs!! was there for the 50th indoor nationals when my sight broke on the trip. talked with the techs they came up with an idea to temp fix it. needless to say I believe the fix was better than the original design im still shooting that sight not one complaint about my times there.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok great. Nice to see such positive feedback. I planned on dedicating the whole day down there since it's a pretty far trip for me to start with. I can do some basics, but it sounds like they'll do a much better job than me and it'll be done right in one day rather than me messing with it here and there. Thanks for all the feedback.

· Registered
3,675 Posts
I just bought a Hoyt RX-1 Turbo with #2 cams off here. It's bare bow. I am capable of doing a few small things to piece it together and get it shooting, but I have a new baby and a busy job so I just don't have the time to mess around with it. Archery shops are few and far between in my area plus my old Hoyt dealer who set up my previous bows went out of business. So, Ive been thinking about taking a trip down to Lancaster Archery in PA since it's such a huge, well established store. My question is, does anyone have experience with having them set your rig up and how much they charge you to set it up. I plan on buying a MBG sight and a few other things from them while I'm there, so since I'm buying some things from them do they set it up for free? Any advice on previous experience with them would be helpful.
Here's a suggestion. Order your accessories from them before you go. Not a good day if you make the trip and they don't have what you need on the floor. LAS is definitely worth the trip.

· Registered
Bowtech Realm X and PSE Inertia 50lbs
7,011 Posts
I woulld call and ask if there is one day better then another as ther may be some tournement in the area coming up and everybody and their dog maybe in their to get the bows tuned up at the last minute

· Registered
8,446 Posts
Here's a suggestion. Order your accessories from them before you go. Not a good day if you make the trip and they don't have what you need on the floor. LAS is definitely worth the trip.
This /\ especially if your going to swap cams or mods, cables or string. If you go mid week and are there when the doors open you’ll be in good shape. The techs always give you as much time and attention as you need to get you where you need to be.

· Romans 8:1-39 NLT
1,114 Posts
Best shop I've ever been to hands down! Their customer service is second to none. I went up there (3 hrs) twice last year. They took care of me both times. Had them check my set up both times. Had em do a couple minor adjustments and they didn't charge me a dime. I did buy stuff from them both times. Can't say what they will or won't charge for but they are great people. Shop is pretty awesome too!

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey OP, I don't know where youre located but Kinsey's in Lancaster PA also does very good work. Reasonable prices and a wealth of knowledge.
I'm clear up in Sullivan county. There are one or two shops within like an hour which aren't too bad, but I've always wanted to check out LAS so I figured now would be a good time.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's a good plan. I think I'll go ahead and do that.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.