Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got several sheets of the Lancaster pre-printed tapes. I make a mark for 20yds and a mark for 50yds, then find a tape that fits. Sometimes though, it seems like the 30 and 40 yard marks might be a bit off. What is your experience with these tapes?

I know there are several computer programs out there to generate tapes, but i'm afraid i'd be in over my head with those.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Most of the time people are off with a 20. It is better to find a tape that hits with 30 and 50 than 20. An eighth to 3/16 of an inch off at 20 is usually "good enough" but translates to much different numbers at greater distances.

To answer your question yes I have found them to be accurate.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Yeah starting with 20 is why you are having the problem. Even when you make tapes with a program you get much better results if you calibrate it with longer yardages.

·
aka "5 Spot"
9,756 Posts
I've got several sheets of the Lancaster pre-printed tapes. I make a mark for 20yds and a mark for 50yds, then find a tape that fits. Sometimes though, it seems like the 30 and 40 yard marks might be a bit off. What is your experience with these tapes?

I know there are several computer programs out there to generate tapes, but i'm afraid i'd be in over my head with those.
A highway engineer with the NCDOT - I don't think so. :shade: Hey Darrell, gather up the crowd and come join us at DCWC this weekend. We'll be there all day Sat. & Sun. And if you need any help with the computer programs, I'll be glad to assist. :)

·
Registered
8,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx guys, i'll try maybe a 30 and a 60 mark, and then find a match.

Lee, won't be able to make it this weekend. Turkey hunting on Sat, then we have a shoot at Falls Lake on Sun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts