Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering How LAS made their arrows cos i have to remove the fletching from 3 of them to tune my bow bareshaft and now want to make sure they perform the same as the rest. What glue do they use and can the fletching and glue be removed by acetone ( i dont like the idea of a knife to carbon )
I use a cavalier jig with 1 degree right offset... Thats wot i asked them to make of the rest too... Any tips ?

·
ArcheryTalk Sponsor
642 Posts
Hi SS Godspeed;
We use Maxicure Cyanacrylate adhesive for most vanes fletched here with the exception of Flex Fletch where slow-drying, lacquer based Flex Bond is used. For either vane and adhesive, I would personally choose to gently use an average pocket knife(not too sharp) to remove the vanes from the shaft and then do your cleanup with acetone. I, nor Easton recommend soaking any X10/ACE shaft in acetone for a period of time as there is adhesive bonding the aluminum core to the carbon layers on the outside. You will not hurt the shaft at all by rubbing them down liberally with a scotch pad with acetone or other solvent, just be careful about soaking them in it.
The carbon is very tough and will take a gentle scraping with a blade that is not razor sharp... keep pressure light to medium and you'll be fine. Be sure to add tape to the rear of your arrow to match the grain weight of your three vanes for bare shaft tuning...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts