Archery Talk Forum banner

land owners and permission

698 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Lance47
i had been hunting this farm for going on two years now and the little old lady passed away so they auction it off and her daughter and son in law baught it. so first thing i did was ask about hunting and he said he didnt mind so i hung my stand again. started getting trail camera pics of about 8 different good bucks. and this guy told me i was the only one hunting there so im excited got it to my own then i go check one of my stands today under a persimmon tree some one has put a corn pile right about 20 yards from my stand. I hope they dont thank ther hunting out of it cause ill take it down. so being curiouse whos it was i ask the owner and he named of some people that he has let them hunt so now im having probs with people coming in on me now what should i do they only gun hunt i hope but my gosh they come in and out on four wheelers all hours of the day its starting to bug me cause im not seeing my deer much anymore
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6,587 Posts
man that sucks. :mad:
sorry for the bad luck, hope you still get a good one!:)

· In 'Da Head
24,270 Posts
It sounds like you need to talk with the other fellas hunting the land and work out a gameplan/strategy. The fact is if people get upset, the landowner can just say--->Nobody is hunting the property.
See if you can get some contact info from the other guys and set up some mutually beneficial agreements and also come up with some type of plan to "thank" the landowner for the use PRIVILEGES and show you are all trustworthy and thankful.

· THwack--CRASH
11,208 Posts
i had been hunting this farm for going on two years now and the little old lady passed away so they auction it off and her daughter and son in law baught it. so first thing i did was ask about hunting and he said he didnt mind so i hung my stand again. started getting trail camera pics of about 8 different good bucks. and this guy told me i was the only one hunting there so im excited got it to my own then i go check one of my stands today under a persimmon tree some one has put a corn pile right about 20 yards from my stand. I hope they dont thank ther hunting out of it cause ill take it down. so being curiouse whos it was i ask the owner and he named of some people that he has let them hunt so now im having probs with people coming in on me now what should i do they only gun hunt i hope but my gosh they come in and out on four wheelers all hours of the day its starting to bug me cause im not seeing my deer much anymore
some landowners don't understand the concept of bowhunting at all.
they'll give out several people permission at the same time. when that happens every hunter thinks the permission they got is their personal invitation to run the farm the way they want.
so now you have a conflict like your in.
Ive seen hunters set in tree stands only 20 yrds. apart facing away from each other for days(duh)
I share some land with another hunter on 1 farm,if his truck is parked there I go on and he does the same.
I find hunting during the week much more fun than the weekends because of all the people in the woods.(sight see'ers - wood cutters- 4 wheeler kids-squirrel hunters-dog walkers-etc.etc.)
but come dec.jan. the woods are all mine. it might be a little colder but,the big boys are still out there!!!!

· THwack--CRASH
11,208 Posts
It sounds like you need to talk with the other fellas hunting the land and work out a gameplan/strategy. The fact is if people get upset, the landowner can just say--->Nobody is hunting the property.
See if you can get some contact info from the other guys and set up some mutually beneficial agreements and also come up with some type of plan to "thank" the landowner for the use PRIVILEGES and show you are all trustworthy and thankful.
perfect!!!!!

· Registered
509 Posts
I do understand your frustration, but the bottom line is that it's not YOUR land. The landowner can let anyone hunt there that he wants, or he can tell everyone that no one can hunt there! Like others have said...maybe have a talk with him just to figure out what you're in for as far as other hunters that have been given permission.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.