Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved from pins into the open class and purchased a Copper John A.N.T.S. and a classic magnum scope with 3X Zeiss lens....although I'm having some trouble with my arrows moving right and left a little (1-3 inches at 30+ yards) on the target....I was told to get a smaller peep and a smaller scope, but is the scope really the problem????

-I also want opinion's about fiber color in your scopes, what color is best for 3-D.

·
74,535 Posts
Jeff

I shoot 1 1/2" scope. I see lots of shooters going to smaller housings. I feel for tighter groups. Smaller peep is great if you can see good. Lots of guys have found the larger peeps help them. I usally match Peep size to fit housing by moving and adjusting sight bar. Classic is a good scope. I feel the lest amount of magnifiacation the beter, but everyones eyes are different.

·
Registered
252 Posts
This is something that you probably are going to have to play with to see whats best for you. The smaller scope and peep might help you alingn your aim more consistant, but the larger scope and peep will help you when the target is hard to see. I personally have found that I was dropping more points due to not being able to see clearly the 3-D target than I was due to any accuracy problems that a smaller scope and peep would help me overcome. This is just my 2 cents, hope I've helped. :)

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
i prefer a larger scope. It allows more light to come through which you will need if you're in a situation where the target is really shaded. The larger the scope the better the chances are that you will be able to see the target through the scope.

·
EPLC Stabilization 4-Sale
9,429 Posts
I shoot a Bull's Eye scope in the AP (all purpose) size and it works out real well for both target and 3D. Smaller scope sizes are OK if the lighting is OK and the targets aren't too close. On a short course the small scope housings can be real tough to see enough of the animal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts